Nissan Kicks Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you have a Lemon or it needs some work. My wife and I bought a 2022 Kicks SR and I tested Intelligent Cruise.. set it for 2 car distance away from car in front of us on a steep incline on rte 177 in westport ma. We had no problem. Next test is going to be driving the steep inclines along the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

So far no problems here.

· Registered
20 Posts
I love my Kicks SR! I'm very happy with the styling and feel. I purchased just under a year ago, and have taken 2 cross country road trips. The ride is very comfortable and it performed very well. The engine is made for economy, so I had a little trouble in high-headwinds going up steep mountain passes, but it wasn't much to bother me with.

She handles great, has a lot of features and does surprisingly well in inclement weather.

There isn't any support for aftermarket parts which is a bummer, but it's a great commuter, and the high-ride makes it easy to take into mild off-road conditions.
There's after market stuff. There's a bunch more. The only accessory I got here was the roof rack cross bars.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2021 Kicks and do not like it.. It seems that the small things I am used to are missing. didn't realize it until I drove the car for a while. Like no overhead storage for sun glasses The storage compartment under the center arm rest is too small and useless. and yes I am going to trade for a Hybrid truck. My friend bought a 2022 Ford Maverick HyBrid and gets 45 MPG

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2021 Kicks and do not like it.. It seems that the small things I am used to are missing. didn't realize it until I drove the car for a while. Like no overhead storage for sun glasses The storage compartment under the center arm rest is too small and useless. and yes I am going to trade for a Hybrid truck. My friend bought a 2022 Ford Maverick HyBrid and gets 45 MPG
Good luck getting a Ford Maverick anytime soon without paying $10k over list price. I waited almost a year and did not make the cut to get mine so Ford dropped me and said I could try again this year. No thanks, so I bought a Kicks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Good luck getting a Ford Maverick anytime soon without paying $10k over list price. I waited almost a year and did not make the cut to get mine so Ford dropped me and said I could try again this year. No thanks, so I bought a Kicks.
Don’t give up on getting a fair price for the vehicle you want. All the Honda dealerships around me were charging several thousand over MSRP for Accord Hybrids. I finally found a dealership that offered to sell for $500 under MSRP. I placed the order and got it 2 months later (4 months earlier than expected). It was an hour drive to get there but well worth the savings.

Not saying there’s anything wrong with the Kicks.

· Registered
10 Posts
Don’t give up on getting a fair price for the vehicle you want. All the Honda dealerships around me were charging several thousand over MSRP for Accord Hybrids. I finally found a dealership that offered to sell for $500 under MSRP. I placed the order and got it 2 months later (4 months earlier than expected). It was an hour drive to get there but well worth the savings. Not saying there’s anything wrong with the Kicks.
That’s great, but this is not the case with the Mavericks, trust me. Go to auto trader and see what the cheapest XL ($19,000 base model) is going for. It’s crazy. I will enjoy my Kicks for a couple of years. Maybe things will be back to normal.

· Registered
10 Posts
My wife bought a 2018 Kicks SR new, and loved it so much that she just traded it in on a 2022 Kicks SR to get the latest safety stuff and get an orange car. The 2018 was great, put 40k on it, never had to replace tires, battery or brakes. Had one sensor under the grill replaced under warranty, that's it other than oil and filter changes. And trade-in they gave her about 2000 less than what she paid new 4 years and 40k miles ago, so seems like a good deal. Here's hoping the 2022 is as good as the 2018 was.

· Registered
23 Posts
Anyone here happy with their Kicks? Seems to be a lot of negative.
Two years in. No problems. Filling tank under 30 bucks even at the highest prices and under 17 bucks right now. For the money absolutely nice performance. Sport mode for quick on ramps. The underside of the car is high enough to avoid many obstacles that my last car, Nissan Maxima, used to scrape. Am happy.

· Registered
7 Posts
2020 model S. Bought spring 2021. Overall, don't like it. Wanted a cheap manual transmission sub-compact (previous cars: Eagle Vista, Honda Civic, Geo Metro, Toyota Yaris). Could not find anything new. Dealer put nice alloys on this one and tossed the steal rims in the back. I was tired of car shopping and gave up / in. :-(

1st up: CVT. What a let down. Was hoping for that snowmobile feel where the engine RPM goes high and stays there while the transmission smoothly changes the ratio. But nope. Marketing apparently thought people need to hear/feel a "gear shift". Sigh.

2nd: Lack of amenities. My 10 year old base model Yaris had heated side mirrors, decent cup holder locations, the ability to override/turn on recirc when blowing air on the windshield (sometimes it stinks or there's dust in the country I'd like keep out of the car). Also the Kicks has a brutally located arm rest for the driver and no arm rest in the back bench center.

3rd: poor mileage. First 40l tank, sub-compact car I've owned in 20 years that I cannot confidently drive from Winnipeg to Regina on a single tank of gas. I thought we were getting better at this?

That said, it is one of the better sub-compacts I've driven on snow/ice on the highway. Might be the studded winter tires, I don't know. The Vista and Metro has summer tires and I never felt nervous on ice. The Yaris was like driving a bar of soap in the bath tub scary on snow/ice. Just drove the Kicks through a crazy ice/snow storm that should have closed the highways, but never once felt it break traction. I was about to be impressed.

But, 2nd winter now, below -25C if not plugged in, something dies inside - see my other post about no throttle below -25C. Looking for help/answers on that one.

· Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2019 Kicks a few months ago. I drive 200 miles a week to and from work. A lot of highway driving. I also idle it at work, before shift, both breaks, and lunch. I'm a retired mechanic after 47 years of bending wrenches. Rice grinders automatic transmissions don't slip like ours, and they are a little different than domestics, but years ago I owned an 1985 300zx, and it was sweet. I'm normally a Chevrolet man, but so far I am happy with my '19 Kicks. About to drive it from Indianapolis, Indiana to Denver, Colorado in a few weeks. Looking forward to it, and feeling confident in its performance...

· Registered
1 Posts
Anyone here happy with their Kicks? Seems to be a lot of negative.
YES!!!!! I have a 2018 Kicks sv that we bought new at the dealership. Nothing but oil leak issues since the start and the dealership did nothing but lie to me 3 or 4 different times and force me out the door with some bull** excuse can’t find anything or drive it for 500 miles and watch for consumption. you kidding me, what do you think I’ve been doing since we bought the piece of **!!!!!! The whole time mind you, I was screaming head gasket, it is absolutely leaking oil someplace, 2-3 qrts a week!!! They push you out just past that warranty period and then offer take a deeper look for $500, give me a break. I’ve never felt more ripped off in my life then I have dealing with Nissan. Let alone all the electric issues everyone already knows about and deals with. Now I think there is serious internal damage done and it is misfiring and blowing smoke and running poorly after new plugs,coils,MAF sensor. I think the weak timing chain and tensioner setup is worn and possibly skipped. Constant P0303 misfire code. Anyone with a possible diagnosis out there please let me know. I thank you all kindly.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts