Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my Kicks SR! I'm very happy with the styling and feel. I purchased just under a year ago, and have taken 2 cross country road trips. The ride is very comfortable and it performed very well. The engine is made for economy, so I had a little trouble in high-headwinds going up steep mountain passes, but it wasn't much to bother me with.

She handles great, has a lot of features and does surprisingly well in inclement weather.

There isn't any support for aftermarket parts which is a bummer, but it's a great commuter, and the high-ride makes it easy to take into mild off-road conditions.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Kicks S
4 Posts
I was happy until several issues with my car started happening. But that is to be expected with the first model year of a car. Too many for me tho. The wind noise from the windows is the worst!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought it 2 years ago, and I’m having problems with the audio system, it turns un and raise the volume very loud, without me touching nothing, the turning off button don’t stop of doing that, heading to Nissan to see what they can do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Giving this thread a bump. Related question:

Based on your experience with your Kicks, would you buy one today? Why?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Giving this thread a bump. Related question:

Based on your experience with your Kicks, would you buy one today? Why?
NO. This is the basest base of the bottom of the barrel of NISSAN's offerings. I guess it appeals to poor people. Whenever I take it in for service they act like they would be doing me a favor to let me sit in their showroom while they take hours and hours to change my oil. And if you complain about a service? They brand you in their computer as a problem customer and you can't get good service ANYWHERE because they read all about you before you even step out of your car. The car is "cute" but I would prefer FUNCTIONAL and FEWER STUPID SENSORS. For instance, there is a sensor that makes the car lurch if it perceives something in front of you .... like the curb you are about to pull up to. You can't get within five feet of a parking curb with my car. I have to always find somewhere parallel to park the car, because I can't just leave the ass hanging out in the middle of a parking lot. This is a serious design flaw that Nissan refuses to take any responsibility for. They say I must be driving it wrong. Don't even get me started on the styrofoam baffling that substitutes for a firewall or the the fact that the car itself is a dirt magnet. The four-lug steel wheels are the cheapest looking crap on the market, and all they had to do to make them look even halfway decent was to coat the paint. But no, that would cost a dollar. So what you get is steel wheels that are rusting out in less than six months. But you're too poor to afford alloy wheels, so you are screwed. I really wanted this car to last me. I've never had a car that ran fewer than 200,000 miles. The trick to making that happen is regular maintenance. Oil change, fluid checks, battery maintenance, tire pressure checks, wheel rotations, belt checks etc -- that a driver used to be able to do on their own -- now if you do it yourself you void the warranty. Even putting a piece of tape on a wiring harness that is dragging the floor voids the warranty. But Nissan won't put a piece of tape on it either. So god forbid you should have something fall under the seat that might touch a wiring harness. $4000 repair. POS. We're having a contest on which will live longer -- my 2020 Kicks or me. I'm terminally ill and I'm betting on ME.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
NO. This is the basest base of the bottom of the barrel of NISSAN's offerings. I guess it appeals to poor people. Whenever I take it in for service they act like they would be doing me a favor to let me sit in their showroom while they take hours and hours to change my oil. And if you complain about a service? They brand you in their computer as a problem customer and you can't get good service ANYWHERE because they read all about you before you even step out of your car.....
For instance, there is a sensor that makes the car lurch if it perceives something in front of you .... like the curb you are about to pull up to. You can't get within five feet of a parking curb with my car. I have to always find somewhere parallel to park the car, because I can't just leave the ass hanging out in the middle of a parking lot.....
Even putting a piece of tape on a wiring harness that is dragging the floor voids the warranty. But Nissan won't put a piece of tape on it either. So god forbid you should have something fall under the seat that might touch a wiring harness. $4000 repair. POS. We're having a contest on which will live longer -- my 2020 Kicks or me. I'm terminally ill and I'm betting on ME.
Because I absolutely love my kicks, I am gonna try and defend a few of your points:
You comment about being treated poorly, you probably are because the people working service are taking little to no interest in customers. At both dealerships I went too I got different experiences. The one I bought my car from, the service team is super preppy and talk down to me, like they were suits. Have you ever seen a mechanic where a suit, it is the funniest thing. However, at the dealership in my home town, the service team is super fun! The one guy and I have even created a personal rapport, and they have affectionately branded my car in their system as Stormtrooper colouring based on a joke I made :)

The sensor thing is odd for sure! I have taken my kicks off road and even rubbed the bumper a bit and never had this happen to me. Sounds like a defect. However I also back into all the parking spots I can. So no insight on this issue.

Ok, so this bit about putting tape on a harness voids your warranty is hilarious! Nissan simply does not care, compared to the likes of toyota who infact will completely throw your warranty in the dumpster if you even put an aftermarket canopy on your truck. I have undercoated my own car and mounted a trailer hitch, all without voiding the warranty. ****, the service department even told me that if I got a custom roof rack mounted with holes drilled into the roof, it would only void my interior warranty IF any damage was caused due to a leak from the holes.
The reason maintenance needs to be done at the dealership is to prove the car is always in good repair. Because if you go in for warranty work, you will be taking it to Nissan, not Joe Blow down the street.

Come to Canada, I will introduce you to my service buddy, he will take amazing care of you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love my SR Kicks, blasting music with my 12-inch Sub with bose audio is my FAVORITE thing to do xD. ZERO problems and personally at my dealer they are all super nice and helpful. I PAINTED my ceiling and they never said anything about voiding the warranty and the General manager at my dealer said it looked like a Midnight edition xD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good godd don't show that off without telling people you have to take the headliner out to paint it. And if you didn't take the headliner down to paint it... criminelly ... on to other things... What your dealer ain't telling you is don't expect your insurance to cover the headliner if you should ever have an accident that even remotely involves your headliner. The good news (?) is that if that ever does happen, just take some tools and head on down to ye ollde salvage yard and take one out. Since you're going to paint it, it won't matter what defects a used part might have. But the insurance still isn't going to pay for it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Because I absolutely love my kicks, I am gonna try and defend a few of your points:
You comment about being treated poorly, you probably are because the people working service are taking little to no interest in customers. At both dealerships I went too I got different experiences. The one I bought my car from, the service team is super preppy and talk down to me, like they were suits. Have you ever seen a mechanic where a suit, it is the funniest thing. However, at the dealership in my home town, the service team is super fun! The one guy and I have even created a personal rapport, and they have affectionately branded my car in their system as Stormtrooper colouring based on a joke I made :)

The sensor thing is odd for sure! I have taken my kicks off road and even rubbed the bumper a bit and never had this happen to me. Sounds like a defect. However I also back into all the parking spots I can. So no insight on this issue.

Ok, so this bit about putting tape on a harness voids your warranty is hilarious! Nissan simply does not care, compared to the likes of toyota who infact will completely throw your warranty in the dumpster if you even put an aftermarket canopy on your truck. I have undercoated my own car and mounted a trailer hitch, all without voiding the warranty. ****, the service department even told me that if I got a custom roof rack mounted with holes drilled into the roof, it would only void my interior warranty IF any damage was caused due to a leak from the holes.
The reason maintenance needs to be done at the dealership is to prove the car is always in good repair. Because if you go in for warranty work, you will be taking it to Nissan, not Joe Blow down the street.

Come to Canada, I will introduce you to my service buddy, he will take amazing care of you.
Are you letting Americans cross the border to get service/warranty repairs? As it happens I will be near Everett (Washington) over the holidays and would love to leave my Kicks in Canada. Do they give courtesy rides home to a bordering country?

The tape is no joke. If you look underneath you can see there are zip ties underneath both front seats keeping the harnesses seemingly deliberately situated to purposely drag the floor. There are other holes where they could have zipped them to. So,somebody touched them at the factory. But if I so much as BREATHE on those harnesses I will void the airbag warranties! I'm sure it's already written in my customer "profile" -- "CUSTOMER THREATENS TO ZIP TIE THE WIRE HARNESS SO THEY WILL NOT DRAG THE FLOOR" with photos of how they came from the factory, to back them up when I DO have an airbag pop. I'm going to start another thread for a different "anomaly" that is probably going to get me marked for life in the Nissan computers. I will call it "POP! Goes the airbag!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts