Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nissan just better not be too content with the Kicks.

What they will need going forward are package and various configurations that keep it fresh and competitive. The Kicks is one of many CUV's we can get thus leaving Nissan at a disadvantage. Why buy the Kicks if there are many options out? The lack of them I see compared to other models only confirms what i'm saying.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The packaging value of the Kicks SR is why I bought one in the first place. Only compact car that has proximity key, premium sound system, 360 view system and the latest safety and infotainment system. Every other car wanted at least $5000 or more for most of these options, plus stuff I didn't care for.

Nissan Kicks has two bigger brothers, the Rouge Sport/Qashqai and Rouge. Keep the Kicks price low, with only the essential options that buyers want. The SR trim option right now is almost perfect for the price. Let its bigger brothers fulfill the other fluff options.
The only option I would like to see on the Kicks, is to have a sporty CUV option. Bring back the 1.6 turbo from the Juke. No AWD, upgrade the suspension and tires, throw in some sporty styling kit; keep it light weight, fast and inexpensive. Maximum $1500 to $2000 more for the option. :cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not the first time I heard that unless it was someone who was open to buying used vehicles which in that case always provides better value.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not the first time I heard that unless it was someone who was open to buying used vehicles which in that case always provides better value.
Buying a used car is really tough call in last year. A lot of safety tech and everyday tech are starting to being added to new cars, even to inexpensive cars like the Kicks. Rear view cams are now mandatory. Cars have auto braking and blind spot alert. Almost everyone has a smartphone; Apple Carplay/Android Auto is a must.

Before we brought the Kicks for our kids, started looking at used Civics and Corollas. Boy were they expensive, 2 to 3 year old decently equipped ones start at around $15K. Many of the new inexpensive Honda and Toyota didn't even have many of the new features last year. Nissan put in a lot of value on how they equipped the Kicks. It was an easy decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all. My Kicks SR 2018 is running great. I fed it super unleaded and Michelin A/S (my older car has the noisy Firestones now). Smooth like butter and 39 mpg.
--happyHB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts