Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is it possible to lock 2019 Nissan Kicks with the engine running? I am looking to use this as a remote starter. I would like to get base model as the only item of interest for me in the next model up is the remote starter and I don't want to pay $3,000+tax for the remote starter (that's the cost difference between the two models in Canada). I am perfectly fine with going outside 10-15 minutes to start the car, I just want to make sure the car is still there when I come back in 10 minutes, hence the question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes you can lock it running, I've done it in the thick of Buffalo winter. I just use the button on the door with the keys in my pocket.

And mine came with a remote start so it must be made to do it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I believe we get free roadside assistance so if you just so happen to get locked out, roadside service can get you back in!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The car will not lock if the fob is inside the car. In fact, a warning on the dash display lets you know the fob is in the car when you open a door. Also, you can't remote start the car if its unlocked. Must be locked to start remotely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be great if there was some way to change those settings on our own but often they are locked down into menus that only the dealer can access :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts