Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody is having the issue with the suspension being too soft? And if there is a suspension upgrade? I was to stiffen my suspension and raise it rally style. Maybe add a turbo and anybody knows how I can add more towing capacity to the kicks?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm sort of glad I didn't buy one yet because its yet another sign of Nissans cost cutting efforts.

Tanabe and Eibach were a couple brands that supplied suspension components to the Kicks and are on my radar for the Kicks. So far nothing has released.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually found the suspension to be just about right... not to soft at all.. Too stiff you might roll over. I have no illusions as it being a rally car or even remotely sporty... For each there own... Since most of this cars components are off of Nissans existing parts bin don't see why you could upgrade the suspension to your liking.. Cross check with parts for versa... Micra and other Nissans....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually found the suspension to be just about right... not to soft at all.. Too stiff you might roll over. I have no illusions as it being a rally car or even remotely sporty... For each there own... Since most of this cars components are off of Nissans existing parts bin don't see why you could upgrade the suspension to your liking.. Cross check with parts for versa... Micra and other Nissans....
Iagree. I find the kicks to be a really balanced blend of handling and comfort. I honestly wouldnt change anything on mine. This is coming from a guy who has owned trucks with bilstien offroad setups on them as well as sports cars with very stiff suspensions on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Iagree. I find the kicks to be a really balanced blend of handling and comfort. I honestly wouldnt change anything on mine. This is coming from a guy who has owned trucks with bilstien offroad setups on them as well as sports cars with very stiff suspensions on them.
I hope Nissan plans to come out with a Kicks Nismo. I feel the Kicks needs it as much as the Juke did years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Going from a 2013 Cube to a 2019 Kicks, I noticed a big difference in the suspension stiffness. The Kicks is noticeably stiffer. In fact, there are a few bumpy roads here which actually make my vision blur when driving the Kicks but I never noticed that in the Cube. I don't really mind this since I so rarely encounter it, but I have commented on it. I'm also wondering if the seats might be stiffer in the kicks, making this more pronounced. In general, I find the Kicks to be a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Going from a 2013 Cube to a 2019 Kicks, I noticed a big difference in the suspension stiffness. The Kicks is noticeably stiffer. In fact, there are a few bumpy roads here which actually make my vision blur when driving the Kicks but I never noticed that in the Cube. I don't really mind this since I so rarely encounter it, but I have commented on it. I'm also wondering if the seats might be stiffer in the kicks, making this more pronounced. In general, I find the Kicks to be a pleasure to drive.
Someone I know that owns the new Mazda CX-3 test drove a Kicks and reported the same feedback as you.
With cheaper models like this Nissan is more reluctant to change. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fine suspension is fine! I bought this car for the gas economy and some storage space or I would have bought the Micra!?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just took my 2019 Kicks SV home today and the suspension to me is stiffer than most other cars, don't know if it's just because it's so new but I definitely don't think it's soft.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just took my 2019 Kicks SV home today and the suspension to me is stiffer than most other cars, don't know if it's just because it's so new but I definitely don't think it's soft.

My Kick has a harder ride when new also. Check for factory over-inflated tires. When I got my Kicks, the tires were 37 psi. They should be 32psi. For a softer ride, you can lower the pressure to 31 or 30psi. I wouldn't go any lower for safety and lower fuel efficiency.
The tires and suspension take about a 1000 miles or so to soften up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts