Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2018 Kicks last week. While washing the car, I noticed there is NOT a underbody shield, leaving the oil pan, and other engine/transmission components exposed in the bottom. Is the kicks suppose to come with a lower engine shield cover?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will check mine when i get home, but i dont believe they have these. Another way they were able to keep the cost down.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No engine cover top or bottom as standard.
There are after market ones from eBay and aliexpress.
I've been having issues with cold weather affecting gear-change and freezing the engine breather system , starts out ok then asyou drive and the cold air hits the oil pan and cools it down the revs to speed relation gets all messed up.
Think having a shield top and bottom will shield the air flow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No engine cover top or bottom as standard.
There are after market ones from eBay and aliexpress.
I've been having issues with cold weather affecting gear-change and freezing the engine breather system , starts out ok then asyou drive and the cold air hits the oil pan and cools it down the revs to speed relation gets all messed up.
Think having a shield top and bottom will shield the air flow.
Haha, I just saw this when I posted a question on whether or not it came with a top engine cover. The bottom one seems to be more functional to keep dirt, snow, and salt away in the winter, but don't really see a purpose for the top one. Also much easier when changing your own oil, though I don't plan on doing it myself during the warranty period so records are kept in the owner's portal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts