Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Trunk/hatch mounted bike rack recommendations? Nissan Kicks 2022 SR

258 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  matthewjbauer
Hi everyone, I'm a new kicks owner and I'm looking to buy a trunk/hatch mounted bike rack for my 2022 Kicks SR. I would really love hearing from anyone if they have any recommendations for a brand that works well with their kicks.

Thanks for any feedback!

Pat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a new kicks owner and I'm looking to buy a trunk/hatch mounted bike rack for my 2022 Kicks SR. I would really love hearing from anyone if they have any recommendations for a brand that works well with their kicks.

Thanks for any feedback!

Pat
hi Pat, all the bike racks ive had in the past on the cars or trucks iv'e owned have been the receiver hitch type. you didnt say how many bikes you plan to mount could make the difference. some times those trunk/hatch can scratch the paint. receiver hitch type cost more because they involve installing a trailer type hitch under the car attaching it to the the undercarrige. uhaul has this service and hitches. ofcourse additional cost. Tom.
Reactions: 1
Hi Tom, thanks for your reply! I hadn't considered getting the hitch attachment for the Kicks, I'll investigate if that's in my budget! Thanks for the suggestion.

Otherwise I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bike trunk/hatch bike rack that hopefully doesn't damage the paint/car 😅😅

Cheers,

Pat
Hi Tom, thanks for your reply! I hadn't considered getting the hitch attachment for the Kicks, I'll investigate if that's in my budget! Thanks for the suggestion.

Otherwise I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bike trunk/hatch bike rack that hopefully doesn't damage the paint/car 😅😅

Cheers,

Pat
yeah Pat,its been a while since iv'e purchased a receiver hitch. they might be upwards of 200 bucks hitch and installation by now. 2-3 bikes would prolly hang allright on the hatch,any more bikes?. good luck,Tom.

Cheers,

Pat
Hi,
2 things to consider here.
1) 2 bikes is fine on a hatch mounted rack. 3+ and you'd need a long rack and it'd need secured really well. I was in a situation where I used a 4 bike hatch rack on a Chevy Trailblazer and it actually came dislodged in transit and broke along with scratching (not really damaging thank goodness) the bikes.
2) Although there are hitches you can get for the Kicks, Nissan doesn't make any and their stance is not to do it. When I bought my Kicks, I had to watch many disclaimer/warning/new owner videos and sign some disclaimers and acknowledgements. One of the acknowledgements post video was that I acknowledged that I would not install any kind of hitch. The Nissan dealer told me that even hitch bike racks or hitch shelves and the like aren't recommended because the rear end isn't designed to take the weight and the bumper could fall off. My bumper is already developing a gap (as many are).
1 - 5 of 5 Posts