Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Has anyone noticed a transmission whistle when going 30-35 mph . I have 340 miles on a 2021 kicks sr
when it does it if you shift into sport mode the noise goes away car is very quiet. I am wondering if maybe the
fluid level is low. I heard that many have had low fluid levels from the factory. strange issue but very concerned
about it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
68 Posts
If shifting to sport mode fixes the issue, I would assume that the car is deciding it does not need to shift. Not sure if you have ever been in a standard transmission vehicle, but they have a whine/drone when not under heavy load or idling in a gear.
My car has been whistling at me, and I am not worried about it. I have 7 year driveline warranty :p

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
16 Posts
Hi, I too have a whistle coming from the engine, I notice it when I am going very slow, not so much when going faster with the radio or ac running but definitely hear a whistle type noise coming from the engine, only when in gear, not while in park. I haven’t tried it in sport mode but will check when I drive it again. i did point the noise out to the service advisor and they said they didn’t hear anything but would have the tech look for it when they changed the oil, this was at about 3,000 miles. I had described the noise to the advisor as something that reminded me of a noise in older cars that had power steering pumps and the pump would be low on fluid, that is what the sound reminded me of. I have a 2020 Kicks SR. When I picked the car up from the oil change being completed the advisor immediately said to me we checked and there is nothing wrong with the transmission………now I’m suspect as I never told the advisor that I thought it was the transmission but rather I’m hearing a noise that doesn’t sound normal to me. So why would he lead immediately with nothing wrong with the transmission? That is anyones guess but at least they noted it on the paperwork that there is nothing wrong with the transmission. Overall a weird experience I would say though, I’m not completely comfortable with the car now regarding longevity of the CVT- with all the bad press on this I may be just trading it in and getting something without a CVT. May be nothing as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, I leased my Kicks for 3 years so if cvt goes bad the dealer must make it good at no charge.
I will ask them to check the fluid levels and include the cvt fluid level. I read that many of the 20-22 kicks had low cvt fluid level from the factory. other than that whistle noise I find the car runs well and gets great fuel economy. The 2012 sentra I had was excellent and never had any issues but older cars seem to have a lot better quality and less bells and whistles
to break down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts