Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Kicks is sensitive at highway speeds, I don’t mean extra easy to steer but the steering ratio to keep straight. I think the steering gear box needs to be changed so when you turn a circle it would be a wider turn. I noticed this shortly after buying the vehicle, if you don’t stay focused on driving while doing something like fiddling with the radio you might find yourself slowly heading off the lane your supposed to be in or off the road. My other cars don’t do this and even my Mazda Miata doesn’t. Probably an easy fix for Nissan to modify the gear ratio.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Kicks steering is surprisingly tight, very little slop/dead-band. With it being a light car, even without power steering assist, the steering is going to take less effort at highway speeds. The combination is going to make it sensitive.
I guess Nissan can dial in a bit of counter-assist in the electric power steering to stiffen it up at highway speeds; or you can throw on a set of wider tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So is the car pulling to one side or you just find slight inputs to be too aggressive? This just could as easily be an alignment or abnormal tire wear issue. Ensure that all your tires are set to the same pressure as well. If one side is lower than the other it can cause a car to drift more easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts