Nissan Kicks Forum banner

spining/grinding noise

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  DeeZ 
#1 ·
hi i am hoping some one can here can help me i own a 2019 kicks sr with 7k miles on it at low speeds when i let off of the gas i hear and feel a grinding/spinning grinding noise. does not happen all the time. but it has done it 3 times in a little over a week. it has me concerned i am taking it to the dealership just trying to be informed before i get there thanks in advance

#2 ·
I have the same problem. I took mine into the local dealership and told them the problem. Of course, I can't make it happen and the drove it around and could not replicate it. So they said "nothing we could find." I wonder if you have noticed a decrease in your gas mileage too? Mine use to average around 28 and now its 25.7.

#5 ·
So no dice just left the dealership no codes they couldn’t duplicate it basically looked at me and said I was a moron it’s not happening I’m going to buy a dash cam with audio so I will catch it next time it happens and make them find the issue with the evidence

#7 ·
hi i am hoping some one can here can help me i own a 2019 kicks sr with 7k miles on it at low speeds when i let off of the gas i hear and feel a grinding/spinning grinding noise. does not happen all the time. but it has done it 3 times in a little
I totally get it. Basically the same thing that happened to me!
over a week. it has me concerned i am taking it to the dealership just trying to be informed before i get there thanks in advance

#8 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 Nissan Kicks, same problem but mine makes a grinding noise from the front left passenger side. Happens 6-8 times a week. Took it to Larry H Miller Nissan in Mesa, AZ. The dealership was able to replicate the noise, but has no idea what's causing it. This after 4 trips to the dealership. Please report this issue on the National Highway Transportation Safety website. 2019 NISSAN KICKS SUV FWD
My Kicks has less than 4,000 miles and was purchased new in November 2019. The nhtsa has 2 other complaints about this same problem.

#16 ·
I have a 2019 Nissan Kicks, same problem but mine makes a grinding noise from the front left passenger side. Happens 6-8 times a week. Took it to Larry H Miller Nissan in Mesa, AZ. The dealership was able to replicate the noise, but has no idea what's causing it. This after 4 trips to the dealership. Please report this issue on the National Highway Transportation Safety website. 2019 NISSAN KICKS SUV FWD
My Kicks has less than 4,000 miles and was purchased new in November 2019. The nhtsa has 2 other complaints about this same problem.
Hello,
Am wondering if this issue was fixed for you. Mine just started doing the same thing.

Thank you.

#10 ·
Yes, but mine started like that and got progressively worse. I think it's the transmission. I also have a new pinging noise. At 4K miles they replaced the leaking strut in the left side but it didn't help. The seatbelt was also defective and had to be replaced and the infotainment system is also defective.

#15 ·
Hello TWMILLSAPS, my Kicks 2020 produces also a grinding noise when releasing the gas pedal. I think this happens when the transmission (i.e. the inertia of the car) drives the engine. It could be the springs of the clutch disc or an engine-transmission set mount. BTW, mine is a manual transmission.
This seams to be random but I think it depends on the temperature of the cylinders, which changes slightly the friction between piston and cylinder and hence the training torque. I keep tracking the issue but I am not much concerned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.