Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here and still trying to get to know my Kicks. I see that you need the fob around for push button start. But what if the battery in your key fob is dead? Is there an alternative way to start it? I noticed there's a key that you can pull out of the fob but is that just for the doors or is there an alternative way to start with a key? I don't see an ignition to put the key in anywhere. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The metal key in the fob is to open the driver side door only. If the battery is dead, press the start button with the fob itself. I think there is an electrical coil near the start button to boost and pickup the fob codes to start the car.
I had an Infiniti with similar key fob. You will know when the fob is getting low, when the door doesn't open reliability, and you have to put the fob really close to the door for it to be detected and open. Also the dash will flash an key low battery warning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The metal key in the fob is to open the driver side door only. If the battery is dead, press the start button with the fob itself. I think there is an electrical coil near the start button to boost and pickup the fob codes to start the car.
I had an Infiniti with similar key fob. You will know when the fob is getting low, when the door doesn't open reliability, and you have to put the fob really close to the door for it to be detected and open. Also the dash will flash an key low battery warning.
Thanks, is there a way to change the battery yourself or do you have to take it to the dealer to get the fob a new battery or new fob programmed?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks, is there a way to change the battery yourself or do you have to take it to the dealer to get the fob a new battery or new fob programmed?

Easy to do and the CR2032 battery is very common. Dollar stores should have the batteries.
Just search for Youtube video on battery replacement of Nissan key fob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a great video that shows you how to start your Kicks with the key fob being dead. It's exactly like eta said you tap the fob to the start button and then push it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts