Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning, All.

First time poster. Wife and I just bought a new 2019 Kicks SV in Super Black. Loving it so far. Didn't notice it at the time, but there are no roof rails on the SV (at least in Canada). Where the rails would go, there is a plastic trim covering the groove. Based on that alone, I'm guessing it's possible to install roof rails, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Dealer wants to charge $850 for rails and installation.

Has anyone installed rails on their Kicks, or know of any aftermarket distributors?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious to see if anyone else has had any luck.

Not wanting all of the added cameras, non-cloth interior, and speaker headrest that comes with the Canadian SR model, I bought the Kicks SV over a year ago. Thinking there would be an aftermarket rack system developed for naked roofs sometime in the near future, I didn't get too hung up on the lack of flush rails. HUGE mistake! I desperately want/need a roof rack to accommodate boats, camping gear, lumber, etc. and there still isn't a solution available :(

I've connected with Yakima and Thule seeking out a development date and made my intentions to throw money their way VERY clear. Still no luck. I guess there isn't enough of a demand... (Please write to them!) To top it off, I can't seem to convince any Nissan dealers in my area to drill through the roof of my 2019 SV to have flush rails installed, so i'm surprised/impressed that you at least got a price from one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, I was told that the holes are already there (they just covered it up with that black plastic trim). The killer part is when you Build+Price online, you add crossbars to the SV... I've put my feelers out to Thule. I find it strange no naked roof kit exists from any manufacturer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Morning, All.

First time poster. Wife and I just bought a new 2019 Kicks SV in Super Black. Loving it so far. Didn't notice it at the time, but there are no roof rails on the SV (at least in Canada). Where the rails would go, there is a plastic trim covering the groove. Based on that alone, I'm guessing it's possible to install roof rails, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Dealer wants to charge $850 for rails and installation.

Has anyone installed rails on their Kicks, or know of any aftermarket distributors?
I bought some from Nissan Parts Deal dot com and they were easy to install - OG manufacturer and shipped quickly

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would start with the OEM roof rails. I want to say they are roughly $150 usd and most dealerships can get them in a day or two if they aren't in stock.
They come with a Torq driver, but you will really need a socket with ratchet or something else to make sure they are tight.

I installed a roof basket bought from Amazon, but once you have those rails you could go with any system you want.

Don't forget any equipment you mount up there will reduce your fuel economy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would start with the OEM roof rails. I want to say they are roughly $150 usd and most dealerships can get them in a day or two if they aren't in stock.
They come with a Torq driver, but you will really need a socket with ratchet or something else to make sure they are tight.

I installed a roof basket bought from Amazon, but once you have those rails you could go with any system you want.

Don't forget any equipment you mount up there will reduce your fuel economy.
Thanks! The dealer here in Canada is quoting about 650 for the OEM rails. A little steep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe I'm confusing the parts too though. I am referring to the Crossbars. Does your SV have the silver rails that run front to back on each side of the roof?

The Crossbar part number I'm referring to is T99R1-5RL0D
I looked back and the price on Nissanusa.com is $300. I think I had a discount from buying my Kicks new so I was thinking it was cheaper, but that's still far less than the 650 you were quoted.

If you still need the rails that I was assuming came standard, that's probably why the price is so much higher.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'm confusing the parts too though. I am referring to the Crossbars. Does your SV have the silver rails that run front to back on each side of the roof?

The Crossbar part number I'm referring to is T99R1-5RL0D
I looked back and the price on Nissanusa.com is $300. I think I had a discount from buying my Kicks new so I was thinking it was cheaper, but that's still far less than the 650 you were quoted.

If you still need the rails that I was assuming came standard, that's probably why the price is so much higher.
Hey, the 2019 SV doesn't come with the silver rails (front to back). That's what I'm looking for, or another aftermarket solution to allow me crossbars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My bad, I totally thought it was a standard feature at least on the SR and the SV. I was looking back at the US versions though where my reference material showed both SV and SR with the silver rails. I hope you find something that meets your price range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts