Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a brand new Nissan Kicks 2021 during Labor Day sale last Sep 5, 2021. During a thorough inspection, there was a gap between rear break light and hatch door where water can get in and be trapped. Brought the car to service at the same dealership the next day and the service provider told me that it needs body repair to have the break light snug into place and remove the gap.

I also noticed that the paint is starting to peel off at the side of the hood. There is also a paint like drip at the driver side panel near the turn signal. The dealer didn't even detail the car before handing it to me as there are lots of water stain in the body and the windows of the car.

This is supposed to be brand new car but seems to be a used car based on current condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You said that it look like a used car. How many miles did the 2021 Nissan Kicks have on it? You said also that you did a thorough inspection, yet you return the car two days later. Somethings not adding up. Did you not do a inspection before you drove it off the lot?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a brand new car with 120 miles in it. I did basic inspection during the test drive and in the lot but did a detailed look once I was washing it. The issue I mentioned in post 1 is unnoticeable until you take a 2nd look at the parts and under between panels.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
Sounds like you bought the demo car, or atleast a car that was test driven a bit. I took my car for a test drive with 15km on it, about 9 miles. I am very curious why a new car requires body work, and how a 2021 is already peeling. The ONLY way it could be peeling is if it was left out in the friggen Sahara desert since it rolled out of the factory, and it is black or red. And body work, makes 0 sense. i do not suppose you have any pictures to share do you?
Also the dealership said body work was required, but you did not indicate if they would do it for free. Has it been resolved, or is the dealership willing to resolve it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought, a demo car. I will be meeting with consumer affairs this coming Wednesday and let you know about the outcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts