Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve recently purchased a 2019 Nissan kicks S, it has about 3000km now, and recently driving it on the highway, it seemed to be revving 3500-4000rpm but not accelerating until a few seconds later when it finally shifts. Almost like 0-60 was extremely slugging, compared to usual. Wondering if anyone else has experienced any transmission related issues yet.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Whereabouts in North America are you, is it cold by any chance, I have a issue when is cold ! But I am in Canada, and I mean cold like -25, if it's that temp my shifting is bad sometimes I can't even get up to highway speed with foot hard down on the gas pedal, lot s of revs but no forward speed.
CTV transmission do seem to have mind of there own at times !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in New Brunswick and my 2019 Kicks is also having issues getting to speeds in the winter months. they tell me its due to icy road conditions... so just yesterday my alternator dies

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes so had that as well early on with my 2018 kicks.
Alternator died and left me at side of road in -30,
There just not a cold climate car once it gets to -20 starts to act up,
Got another year on the lease then it's bye bye, can't be done with the issues. Nissan have no intention of fixing a design issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Manitoba, and my kicks is at 13,000 km now.. as for my observation, when the cvt oil is not warmed up, it wont let you run and wont shift to high gears. Maybe for safety reasons for the transmission not to be broken because of sluggish cold oil. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i have a 2019 SR Kicks and have noticed when coming to a stop light i start braking but then the light turns green and so as i start to accelerate the car deems like it hesitates and kind of "bucks/kicks" trying to catch up. Has anyone else had this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts