Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a hitch on my 2018 Nissan kicks now I'm having problems with the code P0451 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance". This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation. any suggestion on what to do ? I need replace the sensor but the engine light is still on and the car does not want to start all the time

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
13 Posts
Did you put the hitch on yourself? During the install process you need to drop the evap canister (horribly mounted in my opinion). If it is not supported when it is dropped, you could unseat or damage the sensor, or worse damage the canister itself.
I would crawl under the car undo the one screw holding the thing up, and visually inspect the canister and sensor. Possibly even a fuel line or breather tube came loose?

If you had a shop install the hitch take it back and have them do a diagnostic on the evap for free, or they might charge you for the diag but if they damaged it, they should atleast cover the repairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the code fixed, when installing the hitch the wires broken on the evap canister. thanks to all
Now the back hatch will not open, the only way it will open is by crawling inside and opening manually, I replaced the actuator but that must not be the problem. Where are the fuses for the actuator at?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts