Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a state that requires front and back license plates and have found that the area for the front plate has no bracket. Dealership states that a bracket isn't made for the Kicks. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We just bought a 2018 Kicks SR that had a plastic I-shaped bracket (sitting horizontally) screwed into the plastic bumper. It's just a plastic bracket with a couple of threaded sockets in it. The bracket is just a lightweight piece of plastic, but it didn't really fasten to anything in the bumper. I left the bracket on the bumper to cover the holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in a state that requires front and back license plates and have found that the area for the front plate has no bracket. Dealership states that a bracket isn't made for the Kicks. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
I just bought a 2019 SR and have the same problem. I live in a state that requires front license plates. As much as I hated it, I drilled through the dimples in the bumper. Here's what I found out. There is nothing metal behind those dimples to attach a license plate or plate holder to. I also found out I used too large a drill bit. That's because the bumper interior has a plastic sleeve behind each dimple for a mounting screw to go into. However, when I used a drill bit on the bumper that was slightly larger than a bracket mounting screw, I also enlarged that sleeve. I had no idea that sleeve was there, so I didn't know yet I had screwed up.

When I bought the front license plate holder I also bought some mounting hardware. It's the kind that pops in through the bumper and basically clips in. So, not knowing what else to do I decided to use those. It meant drilling a larger hole in the bumper to pop the mounting hardware in. That's when I found the plastic sleeves inside the bumper. Still, the result looks pretty good. Can't see the drilled holes behind the brackets.

So, yes. The bumper is set up for a front license plate, behind the dimples, but don't go big. Drill small and then thread mounting screws into those sleeves.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Kicks and also live in a state that requires front and back plates and was told by the dealership that that year did not come with a bracket. I was told that the 2020 model does and they offered to sell me one for around $40 but, would have to see if it would be compatible with the 2019 model. I think this this is insane! Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in FL no front plate required, but the was a front bracket in the trunk. I threw it out orI would give it to you.

Print this off and bring it to your dealer and demand they give it to you, or a refund on a car that cannot be driven legally in the stae you bought it. Don't be afraid to go to the front desk and ask for the GM. If no joy call on the phone later and leave him a message (I doubt he will pick up).

First check everwhere in your hatch and make sure it isn't there.

If all that fails get in touch with Nissan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts