Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a state that requires front and back license plates and have found that the area for the front plate has no bracket. Dealership states that a bracket isn't made for the Kicks. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't confirm what fitment is like but I know in other markets there is a bumper guard you can buy. It comes with a designated spot for a front plate. You can have a look up on the Portuguese Aliexpress site here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We just bought a 2018 Kicks SR that had a plastic I-shaped bracket (sitting horizontally) screwed into the plastic bumper. It's just a plastic bracket with a couple of threaded sockets in it. The bracket is just a lightweight piece of plastic, but it didn't really fasten to anything in the bumper. I left the bracket on the bumper to cover the holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in a state that requires front and back license plates and have found that the area for the front plate has no bracket. Dealership states that a bracket isn't made for the Kicks. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?
I just bought a 2019 SR and have the same problem. I live in a state that requires front license plates. As much as I hated it, I drilled through the dimples in the bumper. Here's what I found out. There is nothing metal behind those dimples to attach a license plate or plate holder to. I also found out I used too large a drill bit. That's because the bumper interior has a plastic sleeve behind each dimple for a mounting screw to go into. However, when I used a drill bit on the bumper that was slightly larger than a bracket mounting screw, I also enlarged that sleeve. I had no idea that sleeve was there, so I didn't know yet I had screwed up.

When I bought the front license plate holder I also bought some mounting hardware. It's the kind that pops in through the bumper and basically clips in. So, not knowing what else to do I decided to use those. It meant drilling a larger hole in the bumper to pop the mounting hardware in. That's when I found the plastic sleeves inside the bumper. Still, the result looks pretty good. Can't see the drilled holes behind the brackets.

So, yes. The bumper is set up for a front license plate, behind the dimples, but don't go big. Drill small and then thread mounting screws into those sleeves.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts