Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that the crossover segment has exploded in recent years and Nissan has just showcased how important the Kick and various other crossovers and SUV's have been to their success. I had no idea that the Kick has already sold more than 100k units, largely due to the 94% increase in sales in Latin America. It becomes pretty obvious why they chose to replace the Juke..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Percentage increase doesn't always mean that much because sales the previous year could have been dismal. Even at 94% increase, the actual units sold could still lag behind North America or Europe. But they now know that there is growth potential, so more models geared towards certain markets could come out in the near future.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Growth like this could only mean more money Nissan can invest in the development and research their other future models, which is just good new for us. I'm expecting Kicks sales to increase drastically over time and maybe hit Rouge levels.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sucks to see the Juke go but with an uptake in SUV's and CUV's comes the need for wagons and we might just see some of that Juke design DNA show through on a future Nissan hatch/wagon. If not it should at least be something with unique design.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I don’t mind the fact that they’ve dialed back on the quirkiness of the Juke, I have to say I wish that had decided to at least keep some of its performance trimmings. A Nissan Kick Nismo RS would be right up my alley...especially if it came mated to a manual tranny.

·
Registered
239 Posts
While I don’t mind the fact that they’ve dialed back on the quirkiness of the Juke, I have to say I wish that had decided to at least keep some of its performance trimmings. A Nissan Kick Nismo RS would be right up my alley...especially if it came mated to a manual tranny.
My favorite part about it was how much the body design took on a shape similar what you might find from luxury car makers. Now Mazda carries it on in cars like the CX-3. I the Kicks was a bit rounder, it would look better IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts