Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've seen me praise design before and finally here we can see what's really going on. For someone like me that hates the Juke, Kicks is a refreshing change.

From the looks of it, this seems to be a U.S. Market Nissan Kicks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Instead of an orange roof, as nice as it is, I'd rather get a pano roof. Those just opens up a cabin so much and lets in natural light. Or at least a large moonroof.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. I would be content even with a black roof. The orange just throws me off completely.

Aside from that, I like the look of the two-tone interior as it makes it a bit more exciting. Start button being lower down on the center console is a nice touch as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't find any information suggesting we will or won't get a panoramic roof. At this rate don't expect it. What you have a higher chance of seeing is a moonroof. Rouge has a nice moonroof. Nissan offering it here will position them even better in the market

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Juke has a panoramic sunroof on it as well and it's essentially the same segment. Can't they utilize that system on the Kicks and kind of have the best of both worlds?

·
Registered
149 Posts
A panoramic sunroof would be a great option to the Kicks, but I'd settle for a normal sunroof for that bit of natural light and air circulation.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Juke has a panoramic sunroof on it as well and it's essentially the same segment. Can't they utilize that system on the Kicks and kind of have the best of both worlds?
Maybe some components but nothing related to the part of the assembly that depends on how the assembly mounts on either side of the roof. Components like motors, rails, wires, connectors, etc are easy to carry over regardless of model.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Definitely a base and higher trim as the fog light or lack thereof shows.

But the cargo area looks like it has a decent amount of space and I doubt I'll ever really need more space than that. The privacy cover is also a good touch as well.

I actually like the base wheels more than the model with the fog lights though

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amazing cargo space which has me thinking... Nissan might be getting fleet orders for these from ride sharing companies, security companies, the list goes on.

Ride sharing and services like Uber will be a big one.

If they do it will help us regular buyers out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Read an article that the ride sharing company Lyft has approved Nissan cars for use so they may be looking into it. Nissan also partnered with Uber as well. The Kicks does seem ideal for those companies as it's small but has enough room, should have great fuel mileage, should be very well priced. Can't go wrong. Great commuter vehicle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What I like about the Kicks is just how fun it is. Purple with orange accents? Why not? White roof with green body? Go for it!
Cars used to be fun, remember the days Minis? They've gotten wider and more practical over the years and even the Miata doesn't look as quirky to me anymore. I think the Nissan Kicks is going in the right direction to inject some fun back into the automotive world.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Miata has come a long way in the department of looking at something that isn't weird. Fun on the cheaper end of vehicles is always what you'd want to keep it enticing for people to buy it. Especially with these days, everyone's embracing individuality so giving people options, you're in the clear.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Giving people more options to configure something to suit their needs and style is a great way to appeal to millennials who likes to stand out. Nissan is headed in the right direction with the Kicks because even without the two tone roof, there's still the quirky rear and its sporty front, mostly from the angled headlights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Giving people more options to configure something to suit their needs and style is a great way to appeal to millennials who likes to stand out. Nissan is headed in the right direction with the Kicks because even without the two tone roof, there's still the quirky rear and its sporty front, mostly from the angled headlights.
I can see these showing up in good numbers at college and university campuses. Nissan did well with the Xterra which appeal a lot to these folks for that era of SUV's, now for this era the Kicks should have a similar effect, although now people don't care for something nearly as aggressive as the xterra.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Kicks' looks will definitely fit into the college and university parking lots with how many color combinations you can have and it's practical which is what students need in a vehicle.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Kicks' looks will definitely fit into the college and university parking lots with how many color combinations you can have and it's practical which is what students need in a vehicle.
Yeah its a well rounded vehicle. I see Scion was doing well with the iA and iM in those areas and both models have a similar appeal going on in its own respect that the Kicks does. Which of the color combinations do you like?

·
Registered
149 Posts
A kick in Cayenne Red with a white roof would look phenomenal. For bright colors like orange, you'll have to really love the paint to live with it for years to come and I can see myself hating it after a while.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A kick in Cayenne Red with a white roof would look phenomenal. For bright colors like orange, you'll have to really love the paint to live with it for years to come and I can see myself hating it after a while.
Or better yet use that red in a different way.... to create a Nismo theme'd Kicks. It hasn't been done so far and surely someone with a Kicks will get to it eventually.

This Pulsar is a great example of what can work on the kicks:

·
Registered
4 Posts
one thing I hate about the side profile is it reminds me too much of the ch-r that toyota is selling
seems like these days car makers are finding it harder to be different

picture for reference:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts