Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Nissan Kicks Interior

18K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  Justforkicks 
#1 ·
One key feature of the Nissan Kicks is something Nissan calls the gliding wing dash. Kind of does look like a wing of some sort actually.

Aside from that we can see a two-tone color scheme which is nice, always like a separation.

Analog gauges with a screen that gives you your fuel readout and some other readouts.

Three-spoke steering wheel with a flat bottom (personal favorite part)

This site here gives quite a lot of info on the Nissan Kicks, so I'll leave the link below

The interior has a two-tone color scheme, with light brown used for the seats, the front face of the dash, and the insert that surrounds the pull handle on the door trims. The carpeting looks like felt, with a sculpted look and tight lights up front. The rear portion of the center console sits below the seats and features dual cup holders, a small storage cavity, and the hand brake. Farther up, the center console elevates to house the gear shifter and another storage pocket. The HVAC controls are positioned between the center stack and the center console and looks like a futuristic representation of the old-school, dual-knob radios of the past. The same color scheme is carried over in the rear seating area. It looks like the rear seats feature a 60-40 split, but there is also a rear deck behind the seats, which seems rather odd, given the CUV nature of the vehicle.
Nissan Kicks India Launch, Price, Specifications, Mileage

See less See more
#4 ·
That white stitching better be coated with something to ensure it stays white over the years. Not something you want on a vehicle commonly used. Maybe if this was a Ferrari for me and the wife but here its a different story. Simple mono or 2 tone interiors are best without the fine details in light colors.

Even Scion knows this:

#5 ·
White stitching is far from the most ideal for a vehicle that gets used, really used, on a daily basis. Even if it's limited to just the dash, it'll start browning really quickly with regular day in and day out dust from flying in through the windows. Maintaining that I can imagine will be a pain.

#6 ·
Unless its made from vinyl and isn't the typical white stitching we've been used to. Not always do vehicles this cheap get real stitching, cheaper for car makers to include imitation stitching. Personally I won't mind, as long as they cheap out on simple things like that.

#7 ·
Lol the one of the few times it's okay and actually wanted to for a manufacturer to cheap out. But I agree, if it is some sort of imitation and not real stitching, I'll be pretty happy just because a huge pet peeve of mine is when white stitching is dirty. That just bothers the heck out of me.

#9 ·
I mean.. the plastic doesn't need to be comfortable unless you plan on resting your arms on it all the time or something haha. But I do see what you're talking about.

I'm sure you could look at the materials they use in the Juke and make a judgement based off of that. Have you ever ventured into one of those to see what kind of materials they use?

#16 ·
It does really look like they could have fitted a larger infotainment screen but maybe they'll be settings where you could take off the rear view camera so the 360 view could be displayed across the whole screen? I think that would be the most helpful.

#18 ·
But unfortunately the car isn't going to know when you'll be parallel parking or just regular reverse parking so it would have to turn on anytime the car goes into reverse no? I haven't owned a vehicle with a 360 cam so I don't really know how they function

#23 ·
Ah thank you! Definitely had to squint even on the full-sized image but I got it haha. Should really get another eye test for this...

It's great that we have the option and I'm sure it'll cycle between:
360 full screen
Rear full screen
360/Rear split screen
Off

Hopefully we can toggle through all of that even when out of reverse, but I think due to safety concerns, they won't allow it to happen when you're in drive as that's essentially the same thing as running a movie whilst driving on the infotainment. Hopefully it'll just cut off at a certain speed like over 10km/h or something.

#25 ·
That's generally how it's done with manufacturers for safety reasons, they don't want to messing with certain functions while at speed. Though navi, music, calls, features like those should be fine.

Just like how clean and organized the center console is, with clearly labelled functions.

#26 ·
With voice command systems like Alexa we should be seeing more of that having an influence on our in-car experience, unlike past voice system these are far more advanced especially as it gets used to you, would be great if that`s something the Kicks has or could work in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.