Nissan Kicks Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Ah thank you! Definitely had to squint even on the full-sized image but I got it haha. Should really get another eye test for this...

It's great that we have the option and I'm sure it'll cycle between:
360 full screen
Rear full screen
360/Rear split screen
Off

Hopefully we can toggle through all of that even when out of reverse, but I think due to safety concerns, they won't allow it to happen when you're in drive as that's essentially the same thing as running a movie whilst driving on the infotainment. Hopefully it'll just cut off at a certain speed like over 10km/h or something.

I think you should be able to toggle that at very low speeds, even less than 10km/h. At least that's what I read for another car when someone wanted to make the video system work while in drive, from what I recall it was around 4-5km/h, so snail's pace.

That's generally how it's done with manufacturers for safety reasons, they don't want to messing with certain functions while at speed. Though navi, music, calls, features like those should be fine.

Just like how clean and organized the center console is, with clearly labelled functions.

With voice command systems like Alexa we should be seeing more of that having an influence on our in-car experience, unlike past voice system these are far more advanced especially as it gets used to you, would be great if that`s something the Kicks has or could work in.

Car makers are planning to integrate Andriod and Apple systems so down the road it will get better and scary. Services like Alexa will be very streamlined as long as you're using it in other aspects of your life.

I'd be happy if automakers just fine tunes the how the infotainment systems perform non verbally, even now there are always problems cropping up and people would prefer those get an upgrade than voice recognition and control.

I believe that Nissan is aiming towards a younger audience with the Kick, and its great to see them putting some focus into the sound system. I really like the idea of having Bose speakers mounted directly into the headrests, and as an audiophile I'm eager to hear what they sound like.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.