Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Nissan Kicks Engine?

15K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  eta 
#1 ·
Haven't been able to find an exact word or specs on what engine the Nissan Kicks will be coming with but I have found some info on it and I shall share it here.

India will be getting a 1.2L turbo gasoline engine. There is apparently also a 1.6L but they could be getting rid of that because it doesn't produce enough power and it isn't as fuel efficient.

Brazil has some sort of flexi-fuel engine that India will not be getting.

There is also a 1.5L diesel engine that will be available that has either an 83bhp option or 108bhp along with 5 or 6 speed manual transmission options.

So far I haven't found anything concrete as to what the rest of the global market will be getting but I'm thinking it could be something along the lines of the 1.2L turbo engine.

#2 ·
The diesel option will most likely be limited to the European market and the 1.2L turbo should be available there and in North America. I couldn't find much about the engines aside from the rumor that it could be a twin model of the Renault Kaptur crossover.

#5 ·
That's not bad at all, and for those who want a bit more of a "kick" you can always get a tune and bump up to around 145-150hp and that should be more than enough power for the Kicks to get you where you need to be, over take with ease, and be nimble. It'll probably even get you a bit more fuel efficient as well haha.

#7 ·
Peak torque on a small turbo engine like that would most likely hit in the 3000rpm mark if not a little bit sooner considering they're using small turbos. I'm probably sure it's a smaller turbo than a K03 that Audi utilizes on their 1.8T and 2.0T engines. It'll last through the power band though which is the main thing and probably decline around 5500-6000rpm range ?

#8 ·
Those sound like some good expectations for power distribution.

If that holds true then whats left is the transmission and what those gear ratios are like. If that's not good then maybe the generous amount of power (at least I think it is) could make up for the transmissions woes.

#10 ·
I'm not too familiar with gear ratios either aside from the general concept that the lower the number, the faster the car will go. The higher the number, the better the car will accelerate but it affects high speed cruising negatively. Does it look like the Juke's ratio is high or low?

#13 ·
Not really much to look at to be honest as it's all standard. One thing to note I guess, as something for after warranty is over, the alternator looks real easy to access and change out yourself at home. Everythings laid out pretty well with sufficient space to get around.

#22 ·
Toyota has already created a solution to the acceleration lag that's present in traditional CVT's. From now on they will be including a launch gear in all new CVT transmissions, to provide better power off the line. Hopefully competitors look to make a similar change in their models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.