Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Already on sale in various markets worldwide, the Nissan Kicks should start appearing on U.S. showroom floors this June.

Only coming with one engine option, every Kicks will be packing a 1.6-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder unit with Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System. A continuously variable automatic transmission sends 125 horsepower and 115 lb.-ft. of torque to the front wheels. Those hoping to see all-wheel drive as an option will be sorely disappointed.

Time will tell if a lack of awd will affect Kicks sales because there is some stiff competition in the growing segment and its main rivals could come from Mazda, Subaru, and Honda. Of course there’s more to a vehicle than what drive system it employs.

Nissan is giving the entry-level Kicks a wide range of standard equipment including a seven-inch infotainment screen, automatic emergency braking with forward collision warning, traction control, vehicle stability control, and Hill Start Assist. Perhaps Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be added to the standard equipment list, though we won’t know for sure until a full list of features and specs is released.

Once on sale, customers can choose from three trims: Kicks S, Kicks SV, and Kicks SR.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You will be surprised to know most people in this segment look at price more than anything so the lack of AWD won't do too much to sales as far as i can see it.
Just ask most potential owners in this segment how much AWD matters to them and it doesn't rank anywhere near as high as price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bet that lack of AWD will result in more city-center allocations so as we see these coming out that trend should hold up. It will be interesting to see who's buying along with what they're looking for from one of these. Coming from a history of FWD sedans and being happy with them, there's no question this will be adequate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
With a set sale date, I'd assume the Kicks would be on the Nissan USA site already even if the build page is not accessible yet. But that doesn't seem to be the case, it's not even on the future cars list.

·
Registered
239 Posts
With a set sale date, I'd assume the Kicks would be on the Nissan USA site already even if the build page is not accessible yet. But that doesn't seem to be the case, it's not even on the future cars list.
The upcoming Chicago Auto Show might be a point in the Kicks timeline that we finally start o see more information roll out. When it comes to compacts like the Kicks, Chicago is a prime market. But of course shows like that often speak for the entire nation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts