Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only will the new Nissan Kick be coming to market with contrasting roof options, but it will also be available with Nissans "Color Studio" line of parts. The company will basically sell a variety of interior and exterior parts in different colors, so you can mix and match to your liking. This parts will be available in white, black, blue, red and orange, and yes you can make something as wacky as what's pictured below. Here some price points of what each newly painted part will cost you.

Exterior mirror caps $95
Door handles $95
Rear bumper accent $175
Front bumper lip $175
Rear hatch accent $95
Door accents $125
Spoiler $300
Wheels with inserts $1,280 ($980 without inserts)
Air vent surrounds $95
Rearview mirror cap $95
Floor mats $140
Door sill plates $95

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like the idea of personalization but Nissan's execution of it is rather poor. Instead they should have left this up to consumers seeing how its already cheap enough to add enough personalization. It's amazing how far a little plastidip and/or vinyl wrap can go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting an SR and planning plasti dipping the wheels, front calipers, and all the chrome black. Probably will splurge and buy the black handles as plasti dipped door handles develop tares fairly quickly. Some of this is for looks but some of it is for protection. I plasti dipped my existing 2004 mazda 3 about 5 years ago and i looks like crap now, but it basically it held the rusting body parts together. The plasti dipped wheels have been held up amazing. If i could figure out how to do I would plasti dip the entire under side for protection as well. Some it would melt and other parts tare, but it would keeps the salt and water off the metal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're probably better off going with an oil spray for undercarriage protection, as the plasti dip would surely get torn off by rocks and debris travelling underneath the vehicle. I also tend to plasti dip the OEM wheels, not only for a better finish, but also to protect them from damage.

·
Registered
239 Posts
At least being OEM wheels you will be lucky if sourcing a spare is required. Often you can find them for cheap on the used parts market. Forums are a great place for that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thinking about the customization, does anyone know about getting the trim pieces Nissan offers from anyone else? I'm looking for the pieces in the Monster Green, and Nissan doesn't have that color option. If anyone knows of a place to get the pieces or to get a wrap for the pieces in custom colors, please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
At this point it might be possible to find OEM-spec versions from aftermarket brands for much cheaper which you can then wrap in vinyl wrap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts