Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the official information we need as potential owners is starting to show up on Nissan's websites. Eastern parts of the world seem to be the launch markets with Nissan Dubai as a prime example.

Click on the image below to bring up the brochure, let me know if you guys have any questions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It looks like the parking sensors will show you a message when your rear gets too close to another car? It already shows a general warning, so I assume a proximity one will appear as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pretty basic and nothing new to what we have so that shouldn't be surprising at all. It does help though, as sometimes people will overshoot when reversing... see it happen all the time in mall parking lots.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like the parking sensors will show you a message when your rear gets too close to another car? It already shows a general warning, so I assume a proximity one will appear as well.
Audio alerts should be part of it too but that's as far as they will get. Some higher end car makers (Lexus i think?) vibrates the seat which is a great way to alert you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's interesting yet distracting, I'm more aware of the vibrating steering wheel that some cars have than the vibrating seat. But I doubt this is something Nissan would put in the Kicks unless it comes in a technology pack.

There's a bit of fine print:
Features and specifications are subject to change depending on market and grade.
Do we know what's different with this model compared to something sold in Europe or North America?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Chevy is doing the vibrating seat as well with their Silverado. Not too sure if any other models get it but I can't see why not.

At this point, I'm unaware of the differences between here and EU but I would think more along the lines of them having more pedestrian warnings and what not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts