Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its great for the fact it will put less stress the battery-inverter-motor. The more they an distribute the load across more components the more efficient and reliable of a vehicle we can expect.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If they're adding more components, would that not increase the Kick's overall weight and reduce fuel economy and performance? Though some may take the increase in reliability over the extra weight if they plan to own the Kicks long term and not lease it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like what I see with the high output motor, but I'm going to have to agree that the boosts to performance are going to be hindered by the increased weight. Imo seems like a gimmick and as it probably wont offer any serious improvement over the all electric model, at least not one that will be evident in daily driving.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The only issue with weigh will be off the line, once you can build enough momentum it will be easy enough. You can make up for that by being easy on the throttle from a stand still, just not so easy that you're impeding traffic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what i can tell, the smaller power generator in the e-power system is turned by the gas engine, in turn charging the battery that move the larger motor. Not sure how much more efficient this is compared to the traditional hybrid model.

·
Registered
239 Posts
From what i can tell, the smaller power generator in the e-power system is turned by the gas engine, in turn charging the battery that move the larger motor. Not sure how much more efficient this is compared to the traditional hybrid model.
Ultimately it will come down to real world testing with real owner so we can get a good collection of information and the numbers. I seen many times over that even with many test mules cars makers still don't get a good reading of what a product does. Often its once owners have them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very good acceleration. Better than toyota hybrids as totally driven by battery. Just ordered in Singapore. Singapore model has safety features like intelligent cruise control. But of course in spore cars are really ex due to COE (a licence to drive the car for 10 yrs).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts