Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not apply globally, but Nissan Brazil has release info about the Nissan Kicks' range of outdoor friendly accessories including:
-transverse roof bar
-luggage rack
-storage box
-bicycle mounting stand
-bumper frames
-under carriage protector (Protects the crankcase and other items)

Personally don't care for anything on the list aside from the transverse roof bar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would probably opt for the under body protection. Depending on where I end up taking the kicks, I'm always concerned about the under body as I've had some friends end up in some real bad situations without even realizing it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do have a good point about the under carriage protector, I have accidentally driven over debris on the freeway before when there were no lights at night. Luckily, all it did was loosen the plastic bit near the boot and was easily fixed with a zip tie.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's definitely a lucky one but it is something that would bother me. I've seen people hit debris that has caused damage to their oil pan and that's something you definitely don't want breaking. You wouldn't even realize it and by the time the oil all drains out, that could lead to some catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps the Nissan Kicks sits high enough to avoid most debris on the road and anything large enough to scratch its underbelly should be visible from far away, but I'm once bitten twice shy kind of person. So skid plates are a must.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sure it'll sit high enough for regular motorways and what not that it'll be able to avoid things like truck tire shreds (very common where I am) but I agree with you on that. I like to avoid a potential situation before anything happens. Best to play it safe right?

The best part about skid plates is that there really isn't any sort of drawback to them at all, it's just extra protection and that's it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not ever merely worried about any of that stuff when it comes to engine undercovers, what's matters more for me is that it prevents road salt from building up, the more that can be done to keep it out the better for me. Cleaning the underbody isn't easy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where I am, along with the road salt, they also use a type of brine liquid. A problem that could arise from all of this is a buildup in between those covers and the underbody which will induce more rust as you'd have to take the covers off to properly clean them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure how effective the under carriage protector will be against a liquid, but for general debris it should be fine. I'm interested in their alarm system too, supposed to prevent thieves breaking your glass by detecting movements in the interior through an ultrasound system. Just need to see it employed and the price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If it doesn't come with a 2 way pager, I'd probably pass on that and install something aftermarket. I'd rather have a separate pager and with todays technology, they typically have a vehicle image that displays where the car has been touched or whatever.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know some aftermarket systems will notify you via your phone if someone sets off the alarm. But I think those have recurring subscriptions that could add up.
But this alarm system from Nissan is new to me, so I'm curious about how it functions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know some aftermarket systems will notify you via your phone if someone sets off the alarm. But I think those have recurring subscriptions that could add up.
But this alarm system from Nissan is new to me, so I'm curious about how it functions.
Most people don't care and shouldn't. So what if your $20,000 Nissan Kick got touched, it's not going to much for you. The other part is theft which where I live doesn't happen that often as everyone knows not to keep valuables in them, unless its in a lockable glove box or the trunk.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd probably stick with dash and rear cams while I'm away from the car and if it gets stolen, insurance will step in. But once again, I'm just curious about their system since most cars I know doesn't have it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most people don't care and shouldn't. So what if your $20,000 Nissan Kick got touched, it's not going to much for you. The other part is theft which where I live doesn't happen that often as everyone knows not to keep valuables in them, unless its in a lockable glove box or the trunk.
So if someone were to hit your car whilst you were in a restaurant or whatever the case is, you wouldn't want to know? Or you wouldn't be bothered by it at all? C'mon, I don't care if I spent $5000 on it or $20k on it. My property is my property and I'd rather have the security.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think cops care for small dings and such if you report it, think they care only if the damage exceeds $200?
Maybe an aftermarket system would work better than what the factory has, who knows what people will go for to ensure that nobody messes with the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not for the sole reason of calling the cops that someone dinged your car, but just for knowing it happened, maybe even being able to see who did it and depending on what it is, they could potentially cover it and what not.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It'd be better if Nissan just offer dash and rear security camera's, nothing is more of a deterrent than blatant cameras recording everything while you're away. And so many people are adding dash cams these days, Nissan may as well try to make more money and offer something similar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Even if they were to strike a deal with Blackvue ( a very commonly used dash cam system ) and offered it up as an optional accessory, I think they would be able to sell em' really well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nissan Dubai is offering a few more accessories like
exhaust tube finisher in chrome
silver side skid plates
rear bumper protector
splash guard
door visor
mats
trunk net
rear spoiler

·
Registered
109 Posts
The mats and door visor are probably the only things that stand out to me there. That exhaust tube finisher is nothing but a chrome tip that'll probably be similar to an Autozone special.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts