Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a production model of their new IMx crossover concept that was on display at the Tokyo Motor Show will be available later on? The styling looks sharp and clean, something I would be interested in even when they inevitably tone it down for production. Or it could inspire the next Kicks model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will never understand why almost all concepts have these weird looking (and probably uncomfortable) seats, I just don't get it. It seems like carmakers are trying to make a spaceship out of their concept. I personally want to see something more realistic and not that futuristic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will never understand why almost all concepts have these weird looking (and probably uncomfortable) seats, I just don't get it. It seems like carmakers are trying to make a spaceship out of their concept. I personally want to see something more realistic and not that futuristic.
There are many reasons for it and often we might not ever know. But what I have been noticing is a trend in them just designing seats to flow with the rest of the design and not really to benefit ergonomics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bot really, seats are still designed for comfort even if they look a lot sportier than they ever have before. Can't go wrong with bolstered seats and ample cushioning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bot really, seats are still designed for comfort even if they look a lot sportier than they ever have before. Can't go wrong with bolstered seats and ample cushioning.

Maybe you right...

Honestly, you should sit inside the car to understand why those seats are in there:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With concepts, most of what you see won't make it into production models and very few features will trickle down to more affordable vehicles like the Kicks. What do you think we could see in the next gen model?

·
Registered
239 Posts
With concepts, most of what you see won't make it into production models and very few features will trickle down to more affordable vehicles like the Kicks. What do you think we could see in the next gen model?
Next gen could be a big leap into something more coupe like much like the concept previewed here. The Kicks is a nice CUV but slowly its losing its edge, car makers are making the switch to something more sporty and Nissan should be going that direction. Only thing that will slow this down are good kicks sales.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Next gen could be a big leap into something more coupe like much like the concept previewed here. The Kicks is a nice CUV but slowly its losing its edge, car makers are making the switch to something more sporty and Nissan should be going that direction. Only thing that will slow this down are good kicks sales.
I don't like the "coupe" trend because it usually gives up utility for style. Revamp the Juke if a coupe is wanted and keep cars cargo capacity in the Kicks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The coupe trend does produce nice looking cars, but you end up sacrificing headroom to get that swoopy roofline. The Kick's lines are preferable to me though I wouldn't mind seeing more aggressive front styling. More angles and larger air intakes.

Whatever the imx spawns, let's hope it won't be limited to Europe and Asia only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts