Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I opened the hood to poke around a bit. Went to close the hood following the procedure I have for years. Drop the hood down until its past the manual hood release and push the front down the rest of the way until it lands and latches into the locked position. Dang hood would not latch at all. Messed with it for a bit then ran it over to the dealer as they are around the corner. The service writer comes over, lifts the hood about two feet and lets it drop and the hood latched into place.

Question...is this normal? He said it was for this car but I have never had a car I needed to do this to get it to latch into place.

TIA

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
7 Posts
Maybe I have been doing it wrong all my life, but I have had no issues closing my hood via the drop method. That is the only way all of my cars and work vehicles hoods close, is by dropping them from 2 feet.
As some piece of mind, not once has the hood been damaged by this method.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I have been doing it wrong all my life, but I have had no issues closing my hood via the drop method. That is the only way all of my cars and work vehicles hoods close, is by dropping them from 2 feet.
As some piece of mind, not once has the hood been damaged by this method.
I hear ya and use to as well as that generally was what it took to get it latched. Having said that the past several new cars I have owned I've used the previously stated method with no issues. Certainly not a deal if that's how this one 'has to be closed' just wondering if that is the norm for this model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have always used the drop method..

Never the slowly place down and push it into place.

I know hoods can be pushed into place if the hood does not latch, but I will now be checking on my Nissan lol....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts