Nissan Kicks Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you sure it's the AC I hear something silmilar, but my heater/ac is turned off.
I stop end of my drive get out to open a gate, then I hear something click in, then out and engine note changes.
Maybe electric pump for power steering, if not the heater has mind of its own.!,,,,,!.
Based on the issue some are having, It's way to completed system to heat or cool and car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Handyandy.... I'll check with the AC off and post again... I don't use the heater.. live down in tropical weather. I notice it since I do the same leave the car running and get out to close a gate. Just been using the nice stereo to not hear it....

·
Registered
81 Posts
AC systems can vary how they work I am a truck mechanic by trade and some have system that measured temps in and out the evaporator a ecm then cycles the ac clutch, like maybe 30 secs on then 15 secs on the off again, so maybe it's a more complex system.
Think the drivers manual lacks lot of detail or is wrong as 100 % my AC comes on even on manual mode and the AC turned off.
Seems like only difference between manual and auto is it controls the blower fan speed and vent position.
If have temp set at one temp and get sun heating when vehicle is parked when I start vehicle the ac comes on until it cools down to set temp.
Work nice, but I have no manual control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Kicks back in Jan and was having the same issue. I took it to my dealership because my heat was either melt your face off hot or nonexistent. After a bunch of testing and running around they basically said that it was a poor design and would hopefully be fixed in later models.
They said the same about the low gas mileage I was getting. They also said that the Kicks stats were not based on someone driving in the PNW where we have weather and hills.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All - I want to report my sons SR has the same problem. I also had a Nissan Titan Platinum that had the exact same issue and got rid of it because of that same reason, living in the South I just couldn't deal with freezing, or burning up in the summer, but I took a huge loss in depreciation to trade out of that truck. There was no in-between. It was either freezing cold, or hot, which in the summer really sucks.

Nissan has done a very poor job with their A/C systems, because every other car I've ever owned had a pretty big and comfortable temperature range for either cooling or heating. What's the point of having a dial that ranges from 60-90 when you only offering two settings? If this bothers enough people, perhaps a class-action lawsuit is in order. I know for a fact this is a problem on at least two brand new Nissan vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue in my 2019 Kicks SV. Brought it to the dealership but they said the system is working fine. Something is definitely amiss, will keep investigating and let you all know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have the same exact issue. I just got use to the cold
I guess they fixed the problem because I have a 2019 with no issues at any setting #s
I have a 2019, but the auto temperature settings are still not very accurate, end up switch to manual and cranking up the AC fan most of the time. I have noticed that the AC compressor kicks on and off a lot, I hear the click and less than a minute later another click a few minutes later again. Very random and frequent. Is it normal for this car? My other cars have never done this.
I'm glad I have the S with the old fashion knobs!?
I've had my 2019 SV for a couple weeks now and we're in the midst of a hot summer here in the Chicago area, and the only complaint I have is that the AC doesn't get cool as quickly or constantly when idling, especially if the car has been parked without the sunshade put up behind our windshield. So what I'm saying is it's only at its worst when starting from parked while it's been in the hot sun for a couple hours. But when the car is actually running and up to traffic speed it does cool acceptably, then after we idle it after that (been running on the road for a few minutes) it's also cooling fine. So it may take a while but I don't really have any reason to complain. My wife and I keep the setting at 60 degrees and the fan at a couple notches up at most.

The compressor kicking in quite a bit is normal in my opinion. My other cars do it particularly if there's a call for refrigerant to keep the car cool.

At what miles did you all start having problems? Our SV is just approaching 500 miles on the odometer. Also, do the 2019 S's still have the knobs or are they also digital now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue and it is annoying. My thought is why offer temperature controls with values if they are far from what is stated. I want to return my vehicle just on principle alone. Who do we complain to regarding Nissan making a change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have the same problem.(among other things) I noticed 3 days after purchasing the car. (2019 Kicks SV) only 1 month ago.

I've gone 4 times to the dealership and nobody has been able to figure out what's wrong with it. They are now telling me that "it is just the way of the car is made ?

I have complained to Nissan Canada numerous times as well and I'm not getting anywhere

I've offered to return the car in exchange for a different model seeing as this seems to be a major issue on the kicks

As I am Canadian, we work in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

I will have the temperature set at 18 degrees and it is freezing cold air coming out.... If I turn it to 18.5 degrees it is crazy hot. I have no choice but to leave the heater on my windshield so that I won't fog up....I've literally had to drive with the back windows open.

Please contact me if you have taken the time to complain to Nissan Canada about this issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having the same issue after owning the car just 3 days. I've been back and forth with the dealership and although they witnessed the issue first hand, they are telling me that the car "is just made that way". I told them to take the car back and they refused.
I'm going to another dealership next week. If it cannot be fixed, I will be starting legal proceedings against them.

Could you give me some advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Took it into the dealer and they said they have 2 other Kicks doing the same thing. The dealer agrees this is a real problem, but is waiting to hear from Nissan about what to do about it. I think we should all call/email Nissan directly to increase the urgency on a fix.
Could you tell me what dealership gave you this info? My dealership's service department told me they've heard of it but the car is "just made that way". I'm so frustrated and I'm gathering as much proof as I can. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue and it is annoying. My thought is why offer temperature controls with values if they are far from what is stated. I want to return my vehicle just on principle alone. Who do we complain to regarding Nissan making a change?
I've tried returning the car, they refuse to take it back. This is my first new car and nothing but problems since I bought it 1 month ago. Please call Nissan to complain. This is not normal. Judging my the many people that have this problem, it seems that Nissan is well aware of it since 2018 and continued to sell the 2019's with this same defect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem. I was just searching this issue and found this posting. 61 deg, freezing, 62 piping hot. Mine occurs on Auto or Manual. Either way. I have to put it on the floor , low fan, and switch it back and forth, going from choking on heat to icy cold.

I hope there is a fix for this. I don't like it piping hot, just a nice warm will do.

I've even gotten the cabin warm enough then turned the Climate Control off. Of course on cold days it'll get cold in there again but not as fast as having cold air blowing in. Also if the window's fog over you have to have something on...

it's a problem. Love the car otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 SR and been experiencing the same issue, with it being cold/cool at 60-61° and warm/hot at 62°, no gradual increase or happy medium :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Problem! Ac not working

My kicks ac does not work. At 61 it’s ice cold and 62 hot. A Nissan rep came out in Monday to look at my car after I sent Nissan a letter. He agreed the car is doing that. We tested a new one on the lot and it did the same. He said if they all do it then it is considered standard and they won’t do anything about it. This is really ridiculous. I bought 2019 sr kicks because my ac was broken in my old car. I love the car but it is definitely
a lemon. I am sure when I hear back they will say they can’t do anything. Next step will be to call the attorney general and the state corporation commission. I am also researching the lemon laws in my state. Really disappointing

·
Registered
8 Posts
My kicks ac does not work. At 61 it’s ice cold and 62 hot. A Nissan rep came out in Monday to look at my car after I sent Nissan a letter. He agreed the car is doing that. We tested a new one on the lot and it did the same. He said if they all do it then it is considered standard and they won’t do anything about it. This is really ridiculous. I bought 2019 sr kicks because my ac was broken in my old car. I love the car but it is definitely
a lemon. I am sure when I hear back they will say they can’t do anything. Next step will be to call the attorney general and the state corporation commission. I am also researching the lemon laws in my state. Really disappointing
I made two seperate dealerships service department managers sit in my car and physically showed them. They didn't know what to say after that. Basically, I got the "car is just made that way"
No resolve from Nissan Canada either (they tried to buy me off with a $300 service credit)

I've also got a radio problem (randomly shuts down) and my anti collision sensor beeps when there is nobody in front of me ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you sure it's the AC I hear something silmilar, but my heater/ac is turned off.
I stop end of my drive get out to open a gate, then I hear something click in, then out and engine note changes.
Maybe electric pump for power steering, if not the heater has mind of its own.!,,,,,!.
Based on the issue some are having, It's way to completed system to heat or cool and car.
We purchased a 2019 Kicks in July '19. Noticed this same behavior. Had to crank it way down to get it cold. This winter we were able to ID that the cold/hot point is between 61 and 62. Taking it to the dealer for our 1000 mile check up. Will let this post know how it goes.

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have the same problem.(among other things) I noticed 3 days after purchasing the car. (2019 Kicks SV) only 1 month ago.

I've gone 4 times to the dealership and nobody has been able to figure out what's wrong with it. They are now telling me that "it is just the way of the car is made ?

I have complained to Nissan Canada numerous times as well and I'm not getting anywhere

I've offered to return the car in exchange for a different model seeing as this seems to be a major issue on the kicks

As I am Canadian, we work in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

I will have the temperature set at 18 degrees and it is freezing cold air coming out.... If I turn it to 18.5 degrees it is crazy hot. I have no choice but to leave the heater on my windshield so that I won't fog up....I've literally had to drive with the back windows open.

Please contact me if you have taken the time to complain to Nissan Canada about this issue.
Hi Mella, have you tried this?
The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

If you cannot resolve the issue with the manufacturer, you may be eligible for the CAMVAP.
This program can help you resolve disputes with automobile manufacturers. Most vehicles purchased or leased in Canada and made in the last four years are covered by CAMVAP. CAMVAP provides binding arbitration that may be an alternative to court.
The resolutions under this program can range from reimbursement for vehicle repairs to manufacturer buyback of the defective vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could you tell me what dealership gave you this info? My dealership's service department told me they've heard of it but the car is "just made that way". I'm so frustrated and I'm gathering as much proof as I can. thanks
Let me know if you need my info. We also have the same issue. Our dealership said they robooted another Kicks with the same issue and it worked. They tried the same thing on mine but it did not work. I'm supposed to take it in again for the dealership to "troubleshoot" but I live 2 hours away from the dealership. I am paying for a functioning car and as far as I'm concerned, this car is not functioning up to the standard of the price I paid for it... That being said, I am leasing this car and THANK GOD I am. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts