Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What bare roof rack system has anyone found to fit a 2020 Kicks SV? I’ve been researching for days and it is so complicated. The dealer was of no help. Can’t install a roof rack without the side rails and they don’t sell or install them. Apparently it’s only factory installed. Crap. Any leads would be so very much appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
7 Posts
Hey AmyLovesOm,
I just bought my kicks within the last month with bare roof, and was kind of disappointed about it. When I purchased the car, the dealership gave me $1000 so that I could go buy an aftermarket solution if I wanted one.
I then went looking for options. Here is what I found:

Firstly, I went over to parts/service at 2 of my local nissan dealers. They gave me the quote of ~$2000 installed, for the factory rails and crossbars. I am not sure why your dealer is refusing. I will post my estimate later today with part numbers for you if you want the factory option. 🙂 Additionally, my dealer was going to continue honouring my warranty if they did the work.

Alternatively, my local RackAttack offered to install an aftermarket Thule and roof tracks for $1450. After checking with my local dealer, because RackAttack would need to drill through the roof, if any water damaged happened down the road, it would not be covered under the warranty.

I decided to get a trailer hitch and cargo carrier instead 😁Waiting on the hitch to arrive. (Only cost $490, and I will install it myself)

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
13 Posts
Hey AmyLovesOm,
I just bought my kicks within the last month with bare roof, and was kind of disappointed about it. When I purchased the car, the dealership gave me $1000 so that I could go buy an aftermarket solution if I wanted one.
I then went looking for options. Here is what I found:

Firstly, I went over to parts/service at 2 of my local nissan dealers. They gave me the quote of ~$2000 installed, for the factory rails and crossbars. I am not sure why your dealer is refusing. I will post my estimate later today with part numbers for you if you want the factory option. 🙂 Additionally, my dealer was going to continue honouring my warranty if they did the work.

Alternatively, my local RackAttack offered to install an aftermarket Thule and roof tracks for $1450. After checking with my local dealer, because RackAttack would need to drill through the roof, if any water damaged happened down the road, it would not be covered under the warranty.

I decided to get a trailer hitch and cargo carrier instead 😁Waiting on the hitch to arrive. (Only cost $490, and I will install it myself)
That is a lot for a roof rack for sure, I bought the crossbars on Amazon for $145, mine came with the rails so I only had to by the crossbars. The dealership wanted $300 for the crossbars plus installation so I said forget it and did it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts