Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just joined and was looking to see if anyone else was having issues getting close to the gas milage on the sticker. I looked through the threads and did not see this question so if it has already been discussed please point me in the right direction. I am not sure what the issue but we are getting between 24 and 28 mpg combined where sticker is 33. We have never gotten over 30 on a highway trip (36 sticker). Anyone else having this issue or any advise to try?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
This week I drove 950 miles from Austin, Texas to a town just south of Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico. At speeds of 65-70 mph I avg 35 mpg. On the first tune up in Mexico, the dealer had changed from synthetic 0-20 wt to 10-30 dino oil and I did notice a definite drop in mpg. So I had the oil changed in Austin back to spec 0-20 wt. before I left Texas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I added a roof basket to my 2019 SR, and I get the same mileage as you Kingski... but, when I am on roads going under 70mph I still can get around 32mpg. If you have AC on, and are driving 70+ mph it will cut back quite a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think driving 70 mph with AC and the windows closed would give you better mileage than without the AC and the windows open due to aerodynamics of wind drag. I don't know, never tried it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My best mileage shows up with the air on and the windows up. Usually around 37 to 40 mpg. Depending on traffic.. Total avg is around 34 with city and highway combined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts