Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

I see the forums here are not incredibly active, but I figured I would join anyway as there is some activity.

As I now have to drive my personal vehicle for work, I decided to purchase a Nissan Kicks to supplement my primary vehicle and give my girlfriend something nice to drive. So far I have no complaints, I cannot ask for much more, other than I wish it had just a little bit more power.

Overall I like it... my first modification was to upgrade the stock pitiful horn to a louder one lol...

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
14 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

I see the forums here are not incredibly active, but I figured I would join anyway as there is some activity.

As I now have to drive my personal vehicle for work, I decided to purchase a Nissan Kicks to supplement my primary vehicle and give my girlfriend something nice to drive. So far I have no complaints, I cannot ask for much more, other than I wish it had just a little bit more power.

Overall I like it... my first modification was to upgrade the stock pitiful horn to a louder one lol...
Nice, where did you get the upgrade and was it hard to install?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, where did you get the upgrade and was it hard to install?
I purchased a low tone horn from Autozone, and I wired it up with the stock horn in parallel. It has a mounting point right next to the stock horn so it was super easy. If you know how to tap into the stock horn wiring no additional relay is needed.

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
14 Posts
I purchased a low tone horn from Autozone, and I wired it up with the stock horn in parallel. It has a mounting point right next to the stock horn so it was super easy. If you know how to tap into the stock horn wiring no additional relay is needed.
Sweet, I will have to give that a try, the horn is pitiful for sure, thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank for the picture. Can you show how you wired it in? I need to do this.

I will take a better picture. I need to do a better job of wrapping up the wire splices though. I used wire taps and I slightly stripped the wire on the existing harness. You have to be careful to not strip too much or you might expose too much wire or cut through the wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a complete novice with LED conversions - I have read about ballasts and things - is it as simple as buying a kit and adding something in like? (plug and play) or is there all sorts of splicing etc. involved?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm a complete novice with LED conversions - I have read about ballasts and things - is it as simple as buying a kit and adding something in like? (plug and play) or is there all sorts of splicing etc. involved?

Ok it makes sense now. It can be as simple as purchasing LED and they are plug and play. You can look at various brands that include load resistors so it does not throw an error code or cause rapid blinking. The brand that I purchased was LasFit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

these ones?

I purchased these:

LA Plus Series H8 H11 H16 LED Fog Light 60W 6000LM 6000K Amplified Flux Beam|2 Bulbs × 2 so I think those are the ones you linked. Sorry for the delay...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts