Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

I see the forums here are not incredibly active, but I figured I would join anyway as there is some activity.

As I now have to drive my personal vehicle for work, I decided to purchase a Nissan Kicks to supplement my primary vehicle and give my girlfriend something nice to drive. So far I have no complaints, I cannot ask for much more, other than I wish it had just a little bit more power.

Overall I like it... my first modification was to upgrade the stock pitiful horn to a louder one lol...

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
12 Posts
Good afternoon everyone,

I see the forums here are not incredibly active, but I figured I would join anyway as there is some activity.

As I now have to drive my personal vehicle for work, I decided to purchase a Nissan Kicks to supplement my primary vehicle and give my girlfriend something nice to drive. So far I have no complaints, I cannot ask for much more, other than I wish it had just a little bit more power.

Overall I like it... my first modification was to upgrade the stock pitiful horn to a louder one lol...
Nice, where did you get the upgrade and was it hard to install?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, where did you get the upgrade and was it hard to install?
I purchased a low tone horn from Autozone, and I wired it up with the stock horn in parallel. It has a mounting point right next to the stock horn so it was super easy. If you know how to tap into the stock horn wiring no additional relay is needed.

·
Registered
2020 Kicks SR
12 Posts
I purchased a low tone horn from Autozone, and I wired it up with the stock horn in parallel. It has a mounting point right next to the stock horn so it was super easy. If you know how to tap into the stock horn wiring no additional relay is needed.
Sweet, I will have to give that a try, the horn is pitiful for sure, thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank for the picture. Can you show how you wired it in? I need to do this.

I will take a better picture. I need to do a better job of wrapping up the wire splices though. I used wire taps and I slightly stripped the wire on the existing harness. You have to be careful to not strip too much or you might expose too much wire or cut through the wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts