Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will begin customizing my white/blk SR kicks with carbon interior pcs from ebay as soon as the boat delivers them
. I want to give it a Nismo kind of look.
I ordered the under hood cowel also.
Parts taking forever. Have wrapped some pcs already.
Wish me luck
Pics to follow

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bovard1. Would love to see some pics of the build as you begin to install your new accessories. Congrats on the Kicks and enjoy customizing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here a few touches...pics uploaded
They do not offer Nismo in kicks
So im creating one.
Still more too come

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
New interior pieces look great. How involved was it to remove the factory ones? Hope we see more aftermarket support outside of eBay and aliexpress. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its too bad that these companies only do regular carbon fiber and not carbon kevlar which can add a unique twist. Maybe someone here can attempt it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New interior pieces look great. How involved was it to remove the factory ones? Hope we see more aftermarket support outside of eBay and aliexpress. Welcome to the forum.
I patterned the pcs with wax paper. Second attemp was good + 1/16 larger.
The factory painted silver door are integrated as one. Patterning and a steady hand along with a heat gun did the trick with wrapping.
They did offer a silver carbon,but it wouldnt match the hard parts ordered already

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to your mods.
Here is a simple one, use a bright orange Sharpie permanent marker and color the center console stitching to match the rest of the orange stitching. The brighter the orange the better, fluorescent orange if possible. The stitching is light gray.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. Looking forward to your mods.
Here is a simple one, use a bright orange Sharpie permanent marker and color the center console stitching to match the rest of the orange stitching. The brighter the orange the better, fluorescent orange if possible. The stitching is light gray.
Thank you, i may attempt that

·
Registered
58 Posts

You're welcome. Also do the full LED bulb replacement of the interior and exterior lighting. Amazon is your friend, you can get the bulb list from the owner manual. Get the stubby LED bulbs for the fog lights, otherwise they won't fit. They are also the toughest to get to.
You just might improve the mileage just a tiny bit by not using as much power to light those incandescent bulbs. :wink

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

You're welcome. Also do the full LED bulb replacement of the interior and exterior lighting. Amazon is your friend, you can get the bulb list from the owner manual. Get the stubby LED bulbs for the fog lights, otherwise they won't fit. They are also the toughest to get to.
You just might improve the mileage just a tiny bit by not using as much power to light those incandescent bulbs.
Already have LED lights..
Just adding accents

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you have an issues with bulb warning for the swap to LED fog lights, you can do a factory swap but you have to get the light module reprogrammed for the lower power .
Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you have an issues with bulb warning for the swap to LED fog lights, you can do a factory swap but you have to get the light module reprogrammed for the lower power .
Thanks.

Plug and play. No reprogramming needed for all bulbs. Don't do it to the turning signal bulbs, or you get the hyper-flashing happening. You can add load resistors, but that defeats the purpose of using less electricity. If you want the cool factor, sure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Came in today vent covers, lane warning covers and AC dial cover.
4 to go.....china snail mail
Nice treatments to the cabin but over the years ive stated to dislike carbon fiber trim, stating to think adding tint film might improve them in my case.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts