Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2023 Nissan Kicks SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to wire in a spare tire subwoofer soon. I started taking off some trim pieces in the front passenger footwell to find the front speaker wires and look for my options to route the wires to the trunk. I came across a mystery plug that I’m wondering if anyone can identify?

Hand Thumb Nail Gadget Wrist

The location of this plug is on under the trim panel on the right where the floor trim goes up to the dash/glovebox.
The other wires bundled come from the head unit and part of the bundle goes into the front passenger door for the speakers and window etc.

If anyone ha

· Registered
8 Posts
Just for reference, do you see the twisted red and tan pair between the two teal looking wires going toward the rear? Those are for the rear speakers. They're twisted to avoid interference. I installed a Rockford Fosgate P300-10 and I chose to use the rears because the fronts are extremely hard to identify the wiring for and a Butch to get to. I use line level directly into the Fosagte. The rear speaker's ohm to be 2.4 ohms. I noticed the driver's side to have a slightly larger DC offset, so it is plugged it into the Rockford Red RCA. (I installed RCA jacks on the line level inputs so I didn't have to cut the Rockford wiring). Works almost too good. Today I had to back in down some. I didn't want the tag shaking but it does. One thing I found about the P300-10 is the Red RCA is the one that activates the auto on feature. White RCA would not activate the Sub at all. But both the right and left give about the same input as far as sound. I used the red wire as the center pin, (Hot pin), and the tan wire as the ground. That's not an issue as long as we remain consistent. Woofer bumps out so that suggest it is correct. Remember, if the amp has a gain, turning up the input isn't an issue. The rears will serve your purpose. Just my opinion. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts