Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2023 Nissan Kicks SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm sure you'll probably see a few posts from me coming up shortly. I just got my 2023 Nissan Kicks SV last weekend. I drove 2 hours (one way) to get it from a dealer. On the drive back at 8:00pm I noted that the stock low beams were not very bright at all. My old 2007 Mazda 3 with cloudy lenses had a bit more light than what I felt the Kicks had.

I promptly checked my bulbs to make sure that I get the right bulb for the low beams. I went on amazon and got "Fahren H11 led headlight bulbs, 60w 10000 lumens super bright". I initially added just one of those in the drivers side low beam and left the stock bulb in the passenger side to compare the difference and be able to check for the light pattern and aim to make sure it's not going to blind anyone. The difference is amazing! I did not have to adjust the aim and there isn't any more light bleed above the stock light and has a clear pattern that matches the stock bulb. I feel significantly more confident, especially at low light situations where it's not fully dark yet. In full dark, it's amazing! I left the stock brights in and have not replaced those with LED's as the brights are not on as much as the low beams and the coverage I get from the low beams is sufficient!

I will note, that I had my wife drive in her low sitting mazda3 sedan so that we passed eachother (in opposite directions) on a flat portion of road, and when we were both cresting a hill in opposite directions, just to be certain that I'm not blinding anyone or being that person with the overly bright and poorly aimed headlights. She said it was just fine and didn't blind her at all!

· Registered
2023 Nissan Kicks SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good information to have. We have the SR trim level that came with factory bright white LEDs and love the light output from them.
I would have loved to get the sr trim for the led lights and the few extras that come with that trim. The price difference was minimal between the sr and sv trims. But my prior car was needing replacement quickly so I chose to go with what was on hand/in-stock and ended up with the sv trim. I’m still happy as can be with the sv and would definitely recommend it. But the small price difference between those two trims, it’s hard to say no to the sr.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm sure you'll probably see a few posts from me coming up shortly. I just got my 2023 Nissan Kicks SV last weekend. I drove 2 hours (one way) to get it from a dealer. On the drive back at 8:00pm I noted that the stock low beams were not very bright at all. My old 2007 Mazda 3 with cloudy lenses had a bit more light than what I felt the Kicks had.

I promptly checked my bulbs to make sure that I get the right bulb for the low beams. I went on amazon and got "Fahren H11 led headlight bulbs, 60w 10000 lumens super bright". I initially added just one of those in the drivers side low beam and left the stock bulb in the passenger side to compare the difference and be able to check for the light pattern and aim to make sure it's not going to blind anyone. The difference is amazing! I did not have to adjust the aim and there isn't any more light bleed above the stock light and has a clear pattern that matches the stock bulb. I feel significantly more confident, especially at low light situations where it's not fully dark yet. In full dark, it's amazing! I left the stock brights in and have not replaced those with LED's as the brights are not on as much as the low beams and the coverage I get from the low beams is sufficient!

I will note, that I had my wife drive in her low sitting mazda3 sedan so that we passed eachother (in opposite directions) on a flat portion of road, and when we were both cresting a hill in opposite directions, just to be certain that I'm not blinding anyone or being that person with the overly bright and poorly aimed headlights. She said it was just fine and didn't blind her at all!

In searching for these bulbs on Amazon, none of them come up as compatible with the 23 kicks. Can you share the link to the ones you purchased? Thanks

· Registered
2023 Nissan Kicks SV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In searching for these bulbs on Amazon, none of them come up as compatible with the 23 kicks. Can you share the link to the ones you purchased? Thanks
Sorry about the delay in my reply. It’s a standard h11/h9/h8 bulb style. So really any of those should fit. The exact ones that I got aren’t available anymore on Amazon. I do have this link from the listing on Walmart that is the exact set I got. They are unavailable at the moment though. I didn’t want overly bright and blinding low beams so I opted for the 10,000 lumen bulbs and they are more than bright enough. All of the other options that are available from them it looks like are 14,000 lumens and more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts