Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what route everyone is deciding on and why? I'll probably lease or buy the Nissan kicks depending on how it drives and if I can live with it for years to come (cash) or if I'll want to switch cars a few years down the road (lease).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm probably going to go the leasing route, with how rapidly everything is advancing these days, I'm not going to want to keep it for really long and I don't drive around a lot. I can see myself wanting change after 2 years.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leasing is a good option if you're one for new technology, especially with the recent years and the race towards autonomous driving. I'm actually fine without all the new toys so long as the vehicle drives well, though with how much replacing electronic parts are these days, I may not want to keep something past the warranty date.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I presume leasing would be the option for you as well? I notice now ah days, leasing is much more popular among consumers where as before it was "frowned" upon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well with the economy in the western world getting worse, leasing has become a growing option for a lot of people since the main attraction is how cheap it is to lease compared to buying. Even if its just saving a little, a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A little does definitely go a long way and especially with something this lower end on the market in terms of price. The little bits of money you can save turns out to be a good amount in terms of the overall dollar value we're spending on. For examples sake, saving 50$ on something that costs you 250$ a month is much better than saving 100$ on something that costs you $1200 a month

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hate not owning something and making payments, so cash upfront is how I usually like to go about things like this. Plus I'm one for driving cars until they break down on me so that's years down the line. Perhaps extended warranty can be added as part of the purchase package, so long as they give me a good deal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In your scenario, then owning is definitely the smarter option. Especially if you plan to keep it that long until it breaks down because at that point, resale value is irrelevant to you as you won't be...well.. re-selling it. Extended warranty could be of great use to you, but if nothing breaks than it'll suck. But it's always better to be prepared and ready rather than get caught without it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re-sale values hold no meaning to me with the way I keep my cars and warranty seems like a necessity these days. If not for mechanical reasons then for electrical, because those infotainment modules are not cheap to replace or fix out of warranty.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's one reason why I'm looking towards leasing the vehicle, just to know that I won't have to deal with any problems a vehicle may have when it starts aging. Another point, with how fast vehicle technology is advancing there's bound to be quite a few upgrades made to cars by the end of a lease.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you decide to pay the full amount in cash, would Nissan offer you more rebates and incentives? I've seen these kinds of specials here and there from other auto brands.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealerships, as far as I know, are more generous with negotiations and reducing the outright price you pay when you buy with cash. Not quite sure why.

·
Registered
239 Posts
never experienced that in my lifetime or heard about it but what I do know for a fact is they like deposits as soon as possible and even big deposits but that might be something more predicated on what the sales guys wants vs the dealer and vs you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've only seen it for certain models, so maybe it's limited to older cars than the latest release. But down payments are what dealerships like and that's fine so long as it's fully refundable.

·
Registered
239 Posts
well dealers do operate as independents so I guess you are right about it being something unique
at the most on a consistent basis i have only seen that dealers will give some free accessories and some free accessories and to be honest that's all i would care about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts