Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, just wondering if anybody else is experiencing leaking windshield fluid from the rear windshield fluid nozzle? I've had my Kicks for a month now and from day 1, on hot sunny days, it leaks. I realize it's the fluid expanding as the daytime temps get pretty hot. It does not leak at night (cooler temps). It does leave an unsightly stain on the rear window that subsequent use of the windshield fluid does not remove. Only way I found to remove it is with windex. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 2 tone white with black roof. I also have a leak from the rear windshield fluid nozzle when there's a hot sunny day. I agree, it appears to occur as the day heats up and the sun shines on the car. When the car is in my carport it doesn't happen.

I opened my fluid reservoir and the leak didn't happen for a few days, but i'm not sure if the days were cooler or more cloudy, so this may not even be a temporary fix.

I called my dealership and the national customer service Nissan number, they have not heard of this problem, or at least the people i spoke to.

I'd really like a fix, that drip down the center of my super clean windshield is a pain. It also has left a stain on the glass that i have not been able to completely remove at this point.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now say it Yes my one does it , I was thinking it was just when on the highway and the pressure difference over the nozzle caused it to suck the fluid out, but its cold of a bit now and hasn't done it for a bit.
Maybe drilling a small hole in the cap to release the pressure when it expands when warmer.

Customer service will never admit to an issue,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine has stopped leaking. (For now). Not sure if it’s not as hot outside or if it’s because I sprayed a bunch of fluid out and the tank is not as full.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing. I brought mine in to the dealership and they said they've never heard of such a thing. They took a look at it and on the paperwork they gave me it reads "no issue found and no corrective action to be taken"... go figure. It has stopped now that we are into the fall temps. Not much more I can do until next summer and the temps rise (will still be under warranty then).

·
Registered
9 Posts
So my leaking rear windshield fluid nozzle issue has resolved.

I sprayed it for a while and reduced the amount in the tank. Now it doesn't leak out anymore.

Maybe it was too full? Pressure building up? I don't know, but it stopped.

try that if you are having the issue still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts