1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
81 Posts
I looked at the ecosport, before getting a Kicks.
Didn't even get to test drive it.
Hated the rear side opening hatch. Great until someone parks close to you, and you can't open it with out moving forward.
poor spec level unless you get the high end model, then it,s way over the price of a kicks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a Ford technician, and in terms of reliability and looks, the kicks would beat it hands down. Unless Ford came out with some kind of 100,000 mile basic warranty lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its looking like Ford is heavily revising the EcoSport for 2020, pulling a lot more designs from their hatchback models. Don't think they'll be able to match Nissan in regards to built quality and reliability, but its a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like what's happening here which is looking close to crossovers from German automakers. if that's really the angle Ford is going for, they'll have a hit.
Even better if it means a Mercedes GLA rival from Lincoln, sharing the same platform.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The EcoSport engine options are all turbocharged. While technologically great, they use direct injection) to get power out of a small engine it also makes for a shorter life span and less reliable setup. One reason I went with the Nissan is they use KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.... The 1.6L engine is a reliable engine with great fuel economy. Since it was setup for fuel economy it makes it seem slow in this case... but that's the reason for good fuel economy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts