Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just purchased a 2021 Kicks and have a question if I may. For anyone who as the S version, you may know the stereo and speakers included in the package are a "little anemic" when it comes to power and sound levels. I use Android Auto and I have reached max volume on both the head unit and my cell phone media option. I'd rather not update the head unit for a number of reasons. Has anyone replaced their speakers and noticed a better sound without losing volume? Also, if anyone know, is it a 6 3/4 speaker size or a 6 1/2? I have been to Crutchfield and I see both size, usually with the description saying the speaker may/will reduce sound volume so I'm a little confused (a normal state of mind for me).

I appreciate any response, or help. Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
1st of all Welcome to the Forum! I have upgraded mine with 6-1/2 but Crutchfield.com said that it will also fit 6-3/4. Just check their website. Crutchfield will also throw in Speaker Adapters and Connector Converter. Just be very Careful when you Install the Aftermarket Speakers be sure that the Terminals are not touching the Body. I believe that I have to turn mine to 3 o'clock to prevent the terminals from touching the Body. You can use your hand and finger by reaching to the back of the speakers going to the back side or the opening closest to the latch. Don't buy Speaker Baffles even if it's the shallow type it , the glass window will interfere with the Speaker baffles. Crutchfield is mentioning that if you install 6-3/4 compared to 6-1/2 it will produce a bit more bass. I have an SV not sure about the S model. I noticed that the sound improved quite dramatically. Not sure about the volume as I don't usually max out the volume. I hope this helps. Good luck on your Speaker Update. Crutchfield also has a music sampler for almost every speaker they sell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
Just purchased a 2021 Kicks and have a question if I may. For anyone who as the S version, you may know the stereo and speakers included in the package are a "little anemic" when it comes to power and sound levels. I use Android Auto and I have reached max volume on both the head unit and my cell phone media option. I'd rather not update the head unit for a number of reasons. Has anyone replaced their speakers and noticed a better sound without losing volume? Also, if anyone know, is it a 6 3/4 speaker size or a 6 1/2? I have been to Crutchfield and I see both size, usually with the description saying the speaker may/will reduce sound volume so I'm a little confused (a normal state of mind for me).

I appreciate any response, or help. Thank you in advance!
I have a 2022 S and I just bought an underseat subwoofer to make our sound more full. I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi gang. 1st of all, thank you Otto. Your instructions were very helpful. The installation was pretty easy. So far I don't notice any reduction in volume and the sound is now much, much better (JBL speakers). I'm now on the fence to see if I want to add tweeters on the pillars and a subwoofer to make it all sound fuller. I know, I should have done it all with the speakers but I though I would hold off for a while to see what others say about their upgrade experiences.

·
Super Moderator
54 Posts
You're welcome! Glad to help There might be a setting to change or add more bass. If you want more bass you can add a Bass Tube or a Bazooka. It has an Amplifier and Tube and speaker all in one package. I'm planning to install one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts