Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Kicks SR For a couple of months now and am loving it. I've already gone over 5,000 miles in it with nearly zero problems. But there is something it does that puzzles me and my dealer can't tell me what it is. After the car has been sitting with the engine off for a few minutes, when I open the door, there is a fairly obvious "clunk" sound that comes from somewhere inside the car. Sometimes it seems a bit louder and obvious while other times the sound is very muted. The first time I heard it I thought I had accidentally dropped something on the carpet, because that's what it sounds like. This is not a fault or problem in any way, but I'm just really curious what might be causing this. I'm thinking there might be some kind of vent that opens or closes when the door is open, but I don't know why that would be.

So I'm wondering, has anyone else noticed this and does anyone have an idea what it might be?

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you're up for it, I suggest you take it to a reputable independent mechanic to have a look. Not always are dealerships the greatest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right, but it's not really all that important. It's just something I've been wondering about and was interested in seeing if other owners noticed the same thing or had some idea what it might be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had my SR for two months now (2000 miles) and have not noticed what you describe. I did have a rattling noise, but discovered it was something I placed in a door pocket. On the driver's side, the door does not seal 100% so I do hear the wind whistle at higher speeds - but it's white noise and not so troubling.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's going to be a tough noise to try and identify especially on such a new platform. Unless you've found a way to easily replicate it, even your dealer is going to have a tough time trying to source it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had an SR for couple months now, don't have the clunk But do have the wind noise from around the front windows.
Seems worse in cross winds.
Only seems to happen at higher speeds.
As said already an odd sound like that can be hard to pin point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting that no one else hears it. It's pretty obvious to me and I would have thought it would be a characteristic of the car, not something specific to me. Thanks for the feedback in any case.

I did have an annoying buzz in the drivers side door panel when I cranked up the radio and got a deep bass sound pumping out. That seems to have gone away on its own though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had the SV since Aug and yes it does have that wind noise coming from the drivers side window at higher speeds, has anyone consulted with their dealership to address the prob? I can drown out the noise with music but it would be nice if its not there at all ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes I have that wind noise now from top back of drivers door around the glass or door seal.
You can't feel anything but if you put your hand up on the seal you can change the note.
Dealer did think he fixed but came back on second drive,
Not that I have driven it lately, see my post about cold weather issues.
Doesn't help that generally the kicks is very quiet so any noise is annoying
Let you know if get resolve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts