Sorry pepole....
-Not a bose stereo nor speakers.
-Transmission rubber band
-Braking issues
Climate control has its own mind
- cheap rattling interior
--steering weird
-Not real leather

The good was the the car was very fuel efficient. Had for 8 months and traded in for my old school design 2019 micra. Simple,basic,real transmission.

Good luk kicks owners. Bose lol...

#2 ·
I am sorry you feel this way.

Bose is overrated, I will not lie, you can probably get some similar or even better sound by just upgrading the factory speakers. There is even an OEM Sub box that can be installed into the trunk. The only good thing with the bose system is the head rest speakers.

Rubberband Transmission? What do you mean? Honestly the transmission that I have 1k miles on is pretty decent. The engine for sure lacks some power, but I did not buy that for power (I have a pretty nice speedy car when I want to go fast)

What Braking issues? You could always upgrade the rotors and pads if you do not like them. You could also look into upgrading the rear drum brakes to the new OEM disc brakes on the 2021.

Climate control has an Auto setting, so you are correct.... Turn off the Auto Setting

The interior is not that great, I give you that. I have the cloth interior with a tint of orange and I like that, however, most of us are pulling an SR for around 18,500 before other things. That's super inexpensive and it has a TON of technology.

Leather? Just buy real leather seat covers if you chose. I did not buy a Nissan Kicks for luxury.

I bought my Nissan Kicks for a few reasons. The SR has a TON of technology and it keeps my girlfriend safe. It has plenty of cargo room for my baseball equipment to stay in there (Yeah I have a lot of equipment) I basically drive the Kicks 3 days out of the week for work, I work from home the other days, and my girlfriend drives it the other days. She loves it. I like it for what it is.

#4 ·
I agree completely, for the price we paid the Kicks it is a pretty awesome vehicle. I shopped around quite a bit for a sub compact crossover/SUV type vehicle and there are plenty of them out there however when you start adding the type of options I have on the vehicle now to some of those others I would have paid quite a bit more. I know not every vehicle is for everyone but I got exactly what I test drove and I’m quite happy with it.

#6 ·
I drove off the lot two days ago with a 21 kicks white and boulder gray. power like a V8 if you need it. I love the car. the way it handles on the road let alone the smart idea of making the steering wheel flat on one end making it easier to get out. BUT can't get a grip on operating the A/C yet .... just blows hot air like some posters. lol

#7 ·
"power like a V8 if you need it" -- when does that happen? Not when entering a metered freeway ramp that is going uphill. It goes 0 - 20 in two minutes and I nearly get sideswiped by every car behind me and all the cars next to me. And if it's hot out, I have to turn the AC off to go uphill. And yet .. this thing has "hill assist" which is hilarious. It surely DOES need hill assist, but this CVT is no help at all! It also needs "parked downhill assist" because it is so clunky when you put it in reverse while the car is facing downhill, it needs an elephant to push it and the transmission clunks and chunks so badly it feels like it's falling out.

#9 ·
It also needs "parked downhill assist" because it is so clunky when you put it in reverse while the car is facing downhill, it needs an elephant to push it and the transmission clunks and chunks so badly it feels like it's falling out.
If you set your parking brake properly, this does not happen.
What I have been doing to prevent this from occurring is, before putting the car in park, apply the parking brake all the way (when on a slope you have to engage it more) then slip it into park. no more abrupt shift from park.

It is normally for any car to have a hard disengage from Park when on a slope, as you are essentially resting 3000ish lbs on a tiny parking pin :p That is why cars have a parking brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.