Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan Kick was expected to launch in India this year, as a rival to the Hyundai Creta. It now looks like Nissan will be delaying this release until 2019. Reports suggest that Nissan is working on a higher amount of localization for the new vehicle. This will allow it to price the vehicle more competitively and hopefully make it a success in the Indian car market.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Higher level of localization for the Nissan Kicks? I'd assume that means Nissan wants to source/produce more of the Kicks locally to reduce costs. Makes sense I suppose, unless they need to retool a plant to make this happen because that would take too long and they'll lose out in sales.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Makes sense since countries like that is where vehicles like the Kicks have always done well compared to elsewhere it the world. If anything we're adopting more of the vehicles they used to only have.

·
Registered
149 Posts
With how affordable the Kicks is, it'll do very well in countries where people aren't willing to spend an arm and a leg for a new car. I assume this also means a lower wait time for parts, a plus that other countries may not have access to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Have we been given a solid confirmation of its baseline price? Having a hard time converting 8.00 Lakh, but I think its approximately $15k U.S. I think that Nissan could have done a little more to give it better value, by implementing an AWD option, and considering a more powerful powertrain in the higher trims. I'm guessing that they assume anyone looking for the next step up will move towards the Rogue Sport.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have we been given a solid confirmation of its baseline price? Having a hard time converting 8.00 Lakh, but I think its approximately $15k U.S. I think that Nissan could have done a little more to give it better value, by implementing an AWD option, and considering a more powerful powertrain in the higher trims. I'm guessing that they assume anyone looking for the next step up will move towards the Rogue Sport.
I think it helps to look at whats in the segment and in this case its cars like the Honda Fit sedan, Hyundai i20, Volkswagen Polo, and so on, all which could never start out closer to $20k than $15k

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carandriver seems to think that the Kick will start at a base price of $19k. That's probably a safe estimate as it will have to undercut the Rogue Sports base price of $22k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts