Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had it in my previous car and I'm going to install it in the Kicks now.

If anyone has done this with an aftermarket sub and can lend any suggestions, that would be great.

I plan on tapping into the back speakers. I just need to figure out a way to trigger the amp to turn on and off with the vehicle. I'm thinking of the fuse box and hook the wire on the fuse for the radio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had it in my previous car and I'm going to install it in the Kicks now.

If anyone has done this with an aftermarket sub and can lend any suggestions, that would be great.

I plan on tapping into the back speakers. I just need to figure out a way to trigger

the amp to turn on and off with the vehicle. I'm thinking of the fuse box and hook the wire on the fuse for the radio.
Let me know as well I called car stereo shop they said it will cost $270 in labour. I was thinking of the Rockford fosgate Nissan add on accessory or an after market Rockford fosgate P300 -8P.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also they said best to splice and into front speaker and the subwoofer can auto turn on sensing music signal which is available for the P300-8P. No remote wire needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I see an unused plug under the passenger seat and I'm wondering if it's for hooking into the amp for the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer that Nissan sells for the Kicks.

If so, there is my tap in to the remote turn on switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I see an unused plug under the passenger seat and I'm wondering if it's for hooking into the amp for the Rockford Fosgate subwoofer that Nissan sells for the Kicks.

If so, there is my tap in to the remote turn on switch.[/QUOTE

Can you take a pic? I have the 30 page install instructions from Nissan. I can let you know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a 10 in powered sub and had it installed in back 200 install.
Has plug so I can remove if needed.
Where did you tap into? I'm thinking I go for the Rockford system as it will also amp the door speakers. I just need a bit more of a thump and cleaner sound. When I turn up stock system I find sound becomes strained.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put this "Rockville SS8P 400w 8" Slim Active Powered Subwoofer" in the Truck (Inside of spire tire) and can't be seen, just be Heard..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts