Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2021 nissan kicks. i brought my car to dealership service dept. because my parking sensors had been out for a week or two weeks. i tried wiping my sensors, pushing the button multiple times, and even had my friends and boyfriend try to figure something out so i wouldn’t have to sit in nissan for hours but nothing i tried worked. went to the dealership they said all we did was press a button. we can show you how to do it you might not know how like i’m a child. so i asked why when i pressed the button it didn’t work. the lady straight up just shrugged her shoulders. so i felt that was a lie because i had did the same thing multiple times. secondly, these cars have stalling issues when pulling into traffic. i got on i-10 and my cars rpm went up to 5 and my mph stayed at 30-45 and wouldn’t go down until i came to a complete stop. the manager came saying i drove your car i didn’t feel what you’re talking about so it’s fine. as well as i was sitting in traffic at a light and the car just shut off completely and the managers saying nothing wrong with this car ???? i could’ve been killed wtf. any other tips on what to do or tell them to check for in my car ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 2021 nissan kicks. i brought my car to dealership service dept. because my parking sensors had been out for a week or two weeks. i tried wiping my sensors, pushing the button multiple times, and even had my friends and boyfriend try to figure something out so i wouldn’t have to sit in nissan for hours but nothing i tried worked. went to the dealership they said all we did was press a button. we can show you how to do it you might not know how like i’m a child. so i asked why when i pressed the button it didn’t work. the lady straight up just shrugged her shoulders. so i felt that was a lie because i had did the same thing multiple times. secondly, these cars have stalling issues when pulling into traffic. i got on i-10 and my cars rpm went up to 5 and my mph stayed at 30-45 and wouldn’t go down until i came to a complete stop. the manager came saying i drove your car i didn’t feel what you’re talking about so it’s fine. as well as i was sitting in traffic at a light and the car just shut off completely and the managers saying nothing wrong with this car ???? i could’ve been killed wtf. any other tips on what to do or tell them to check for in my car ?
i brought it sept 2021 so still basically brand new. not even 10k miles on the dash

·
Premium Member
2021 Nissan Kicks S
16 Posts
Hey,

That sounds horrible, and I understand why this is so stressful/annoying. Before the start of this reply, I do want to mention that dealerships aren't your friends, and unless your actual friend works for a dealership, you will, a majority of the time, have a questionable experience. I've had problems with dealerships for even a simple accessory installation. From what I understand, your car has a parking sensor issue, a transmission issue, and the car is shutting off while at a complete stop. The problems can stem from a variety of situations. From the simple human error of turning off the parking sensors or accidentally clicking the push to start shutting off the car to some computer malfunction. The chance of a computer malfunction is possible and often overlooked, but I doubt that could be the reason (when the car shut off, did it beep or go quiet; it all depends.) Also, was the parking sensor problem fixed? If it's not causing any more issues, it isn't anything urgent or problematic. Lastly, from what I've heard, Nissan has uncommonly been having problems with the CVT transmission in new cars. But from what you explained, it doesn't sound like a mechanical problem. Have you accidentally put the car in gear L (Land - maintains low gear) or gear N (Neutral) while driving? If not, then remember your Nissan Kicks is equipped with a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) system, so it doesn't switch between different gears. Instead, it continuously moves from high to low gear, so CVT is known for maintaining a constant high RPM when accelerating. Plus, an RPM of five thousand is high for this car, but not in the red, and the Nissan Kicks is known for its sluggish acceleration. The car was designed for cities, a simple 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine tuned for fuel economy. With that all said, diagnosing a car online isn't easy. So the best overall recommendation I could provide is to take your car to a trusted auto repair shop, explain your problems, mention the dealership was no help, and see what they recommend or say.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts