Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Jason here living in Montreal CAN. My wife and I were one of the first Kicks owners to roll out off the lot and are very pleased with our Kicks SR! I traded in my 2006 Nissan Xterra and immediately seen HUGE savings on fuel mileage LOL (almost a car payment) and I still get fold down seats and ample storage for when I need it.

We have the gray/orange model but changed the roof to a 3M Satin Black vinyl application. My future project with the car is to eventually turn it into a "Midnight Edition" by blacking out the chrome and aftermarket black rims.

Very satisfied with all the tech this vehicle has to offer for the price, along with the Bose sound system, fuel economy, storage, synthetic leather seats and the LED headlights that every other driver hates lol.

Cheers!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I run Michelin x-ice 3, had to go bit different size to standard as the size on the kicks is a poorly supported one.
Perform is ok, very quiet winter tire.
Would of liked maybe something more aggressive but like I said size does limit what you can have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just as a note I get the tires through my local Nissan dealer, price matched what Canadian tire was selling for and applied a mail in rebate there and then.
Can't ask for better service.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just as a note I get the tires through my local Nissan dealer, price matched what Canadian tire was selling for and applied a mail in rebate there and then.
Can't ask for better service.
Glad to hear your positive experience with the dealer.

Would you mind sharing what the tire dimensions were? It would be helpful for those of on a budget.

I worked in wheel/tire shops and seen for myself how much prices vary by size, even just a slight difference in width and/or overall diameter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went 215/50/17 just gave me a it better brand of tire, the same size as fitted didn't give me a quality brand.

The tire is just about the same size so speedo is not out, even looks better on the rim.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I went 215/50/17 just gave me a it better brand of tire, the same size as fitted didn't give me a quality brand.

The tire is just about the same size so speedo is not out, even looks better on the rim.
Hope that helps.
Great information because most people are stuck on what tire size to get with tons of conflicting information from friends, the dealership and wheel/tire shops.

Have the conditions around you been challenging enough to really say how good/bad your wheel/tire setup is?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Always around my area in the winter.
Think if the car wasn't a lease I would go with a rim and tire change to be able to get a better aspect ratio, ie the side wall size so go to a 15 inch rim and say a 75 tire , think the low profile tire don't help things.
Is what it is, front wheel drive on ice never going to be an ideal combination.
But I have been surprised, have had some good dumps of snow, and have a 20 km drive on roads that don't get much traffic so two ruts to drive in and the kicks just plows on, once you get going. Been a bit tail happy on turns in town.
My other vehicle is a Jeep Cherokee 4 wheel drive, find the kicks just as stable on the road, but the kicks does struggle to get traction to get going.
Hard to work out if the CVT helps or hinders the issue.
Just wish had steering wheel heater.
Minus 30c and I hate driving in gloves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts