Nissan Kicks Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
2020 SR. 12k miles. Absolutely insane fuel economy (driving in the 60s). GAS PRICE NEWS is not going to stress you out believe me. Reliability has been great. Very nice profile (height from ground) of Kicks has made me immune to road debris which used to clank against the underside in my Maxima. Very satisfied for its class.
I have owned by 2021 Nissan Kick for 16 months and the transmission has failed twice already and now the emergency braking system has failed among other issues. This car is a joke. Do not buy. The CVR transmission is a deathtrap.

· Registered
10 Posts
My wife bought a 2018 SR new, and she never spent a dime on any repairs. It was flawless in 4 years, 40000 miles, so much that she traded it in on a 2022 SR, which has also been great so far. And trade-in value was only about 3000 less than she paid for it 4 years ago.

· Registered
8 Posts
I've just recently purchased a 2021 SV. The car seems pretty solid. As for the CVT transmission. Service the transmission as recommended. If you wait until it begins to have issues, that's on you. Clearly folks do not understand this type of transmission nor how it works. Fluid is critical here to avoid damage or slippage. Do not wait until 80K to change the fluid. I will change mine myself at 30k. To remove all the break-in material and restore the additives. This is what happens due to heat. The additives will break down and/or fall from suspension. For the money, I feel you get a lot. Maintain the car. Drive the car and enjoy. It's not a race car. The fuel milage is awesome. The power is sufficient. So far, very satisfied with the Kicks.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've just recently purchased a 2021 SV. The car seems pretty solid. As for the CVT transmission. Service the transmission as recommended. If you wait until it begins to have issues, that's on you. Clearly folks do not understand this type of transmission nor how it works. Fluid is critical here to avoid damage or slippage. Do not wait until 80K to change the fluid. I will change mine myself at 30k. To remove all the break-in material and restore the additives. This is what happens due to heat. The additives will break down and/or fall from suspension. For the money, I feel you get a lot. Maintain the car. Drive the car and enjoy. It's not a race car. The fuel milage is awesome. The power is sufficient. So far, very satisfied with the Kicks.
Yes, I love mine too. I have 10K on it now.. At 30K I will definitely change the transmission fluid. I love all the safety features it comes with.

· Registered
20 Posts
The only problems we've had so far is triggered with cold damp weather conditions. False alarms from the front and rear proximity sensors, proximity sensors will also go offline. On cold mornings sometimes the driver side door will not open so We are forced to enter by passenger side door and climb over to the driver's seat. Once the car is warm we can open the driver's side door. Overnight if the temperature is an average of 24F and a wind swept rain to the east we can count on the driver's side door to be frozen shut. We have been backing into the driveway so the driver side faces the east and so far the door has not froze shut. I think the door seals need to be sprayed with silicone. My wife wants to wait until her car goes in for it's first oil change. We will bring up the issues then. The MPG averages 35.4, not bad at all. The Bose Stereo is great. The furthest road trip so far was to the White Mountains in NH. We drove up and down Mt. Washington with no problems at all. (Except for the front and rear sensors going offline. It was -21F up there).

· Registered
20 Posts
Maybe your vehicle is sheltered enough. Also what year is your vehicle ? The reason why we decided to start backing our 2022 Kicks SR into the driveway is the driver side door faces our house which blocks the wind driven cold moisture from freezing up the door seals. At least now my wife doesn't have to climb in by the passenger door when she heads off to work in the morning. I think silicone sealer might help here.

It looks like the proximity sensors (ultrasonic transducers and cameras) have issues in the cold on the 2022 mode.
The front camera easily gets glazed with ice and will trigger a false measurement, the rear camera has a similar issue.
The ultrasonic transducers... I'm not sure if the issue is with the transducers themselves... if a transducer is too rigid to vibrate in the cold it's going to fail. If I take a hair dryer outside and warm the sensors up.. all is good in a matter of minutes. During the cars oil change we are going to bring this up.

Other than the driver's side door and the safety bells and whistles failing in the cold the car has been great.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My Kicks is new 2022. I don’t have a garage. When we only had a 1 minor snow event so far. You’re right about the sensor, but I feel it’s a minor price to pay considering how reasonably priced this car is.
I love the gas mileage and comfort of this car and the big screen display.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts