Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Kicks S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's happened to me 2x on two separate days. All of a sudden all these warning lights came on and then it shut off while I was driving. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was carbon build up and that my car needed complete fuel system service and throttle body cleaned. Of course none of it was covered by the warranty so I had to pay. I bought this car brand new in June 2019 and have 18,373 miles on it. I don't know much about cars but from what I've read online these are services that shouldn't be required this early on. Can anyone offer any insight? I contacted NIssan Consumer Affairs and they have started an investigation.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes having the same issue and they wanna blame you I really feel like these are lemons they are selling to the world don't get me wrong they are really nice looking but need better engines and transmissions I feel they have a law suite coming because everyone is having similar problems they wanna do a carbon clean on my kicks too it's at 47,000 but they said I have engine sludge or build up that they want me to pay 2000 bucks for like no... why is this car having so many major issues...the front sensors have been replaced that was stupid expensive good thing that was understand warranty cause that **** would have stayed broke...its sad to say this car is all a BIG MISTAKE but I'm with you like where do we go from here I have been turned down from getting my oil changed at my own dealership cause they said they told me and took pics of sludge in my engine but they never they wouldn't change my oil the next time I came in and I honestly think it's because they want me to spend the 2000 on that carbon clean.... I'm so over it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes having the same issue and they wanna blame you I really feel like these are lemons they are selling to the world don't get me wrong they are really nice looking but need better engines and transmissions I feel they have a law suite coming because everyone is having similar problems they wanna do a carbon clean on my kicks too it's at 47,000 but they said I have engine sludge or build up that they want me to pay 2000 bucks for like no... why is this car having so many major issues...the front sensors have been replaced that was stupid expensive good thing that was understand warranty cause that **** would have stayed broke...its sad to say this car is all a BIG MISTAKE but I'm with you like where do we go from here I have been turned down from getting my oil changed at my own dealership cause they said they told me and took pics of sludge in my engine but they never they wouldn't change my oil the next time I came in and I honestly think it's because they want me to spend the 2000 on that carbon clean.... I'm so over it!
If your Kicks is getting a carbon buildup you need to switch to a hotter spark plug. If a spark plug is too cold it will result in a carbon buildup. I'll keep an eye on my wife's Kicks SR. I'll check the spark plugs for carbon buildup. The reason why the spark plug is cool could be the car wouldn't pass California's strict emission standards or to achieve high mpg. I'll ask the dealer. When the car goes in for service I will ask them to keep a close eye on it and if there is a slight amount of carbon residue on the spark plug I'll request a hotter spark plug. If the Spark Plug is too cold you end up with Carbon buildup, too hot then there are pre-ignition issues resulting in poor fuel economy. I think they tuned the engine for fuel economy since we are getting 39mpg without even trying. As the mechanic at your stealership if the spark plug could be too cold for the engine resulting in carbon deposits. I think they will **** their pants.

I am willing to bet that the carbon deposit issue is not because of cheap gasoline. It's about a cold spark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts