Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally think it was a bit of an oversight not to include an optional AWD system for the new Kick. This feature is offered on all rival models such as the Hyundai Kona, Ford EcoSport, Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, and Mazda CX-3. I don't know why they would replace the Juke and not have the new model provide the same features. Would you guys have been interested in an AWD model?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It does cost more and there is additional weight when it comes to AWD, though I do think Nissan may have made a mistake when deciding to forgo AWD because there are buyers out there who would look elsewhere just because a model is lacking that option. But they have a team of market researchers, so what do I know.
Would have been interested in an AWD if one was offered.

·
Registered
239 Posts
It does cost more and there is additional weight when it comes to AWD, though I do think Nissan may have made a mistake when deciding to forgo AWD because there are buyers out there who would look elsewhere just because a model is lacking that option. But they have a team of market researchers, so what do I know.
Would have been interested in an AWD if one was offered.
Vehicles like the Kicks have grown in popularity in city centers, younger demographics that live closer to the action more specifically buy these, that being the case I can't imagine strong demand for AWD but any SUV segment above the Kicks does need it. The Rogue for example has it which attracts an older demographic.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not like inner city commutes don't involve driving in the snow in winter months. I'm sure it was done as a cost saving measure, but it makes little sense to me to remove features that were being offered on existing models. Perhaps successful sales will allow for an expansion to the trim levels and features down the line.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its not like inner city commutes don't involve driving in the snow in winter months. I'm sure it was done as a cost saving measure, but it makes little sense to me to remove features that were being offered on existing models. Perhaps successful sales will allow for an expansion to the trim levels and features down the line.
The difference in the city is that roads are far easier to drive on compared to in the suburbs. Its why some people can get away with all season tires in the city during winter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe Nissan will offer it in the future as an option because there's more emphasis put on AWD and 4WD these days even if you live in the city. Mainly affecting those in the northern hemisphere and that's a lot of potential customers they're losing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts