Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the forum and new to car ownership

living in the city for a large portion of my life i never needed a car of my own and have been depending on public transit, taxi's and rentals to get me around. now I want my own personal space especially since I'm getting into more activities, MMA being one of them :D

so far it seems like the Kicks will suit someone like myself with an active lifestyle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Having your own vehicle is definitely handy and you can just leave your MMA equipment in the trunk so you're not constantly lugging things around to and from the Taxi.

I'm guilty of turning my cargo space into second closets. What else have you looked at?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Having your own vehicle is definitely handy and you can just leave your MMA equipment in the trunk so you're not constantly lugging things around to and from the Taxi.

I'm guilty of turning my cargo space into second closets. What else have you looked at?
Toyota CH-R was one option and i'll still consider it but coming from a history of Nissans and trusting Nissan, I will have to find reasons against it before I go Toyota. How about you?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I heard the C-HR was dreadfully under-powered for it's body weight and was no fun to drive. One thing it does have is nice styling.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well they did make it as a city car so that being the case it probably won't impact sales at all and most people buying these won't notice.
Just think about who the average buyer is, their needs are rather simple.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I suppose, though I have driven under-powered cars on the freeway and it's depressing to try and pass traffic with a loaded trunk. Flooring the pedal did nothing... But if you never go on the freeway then it's fine, but not something I'd want to live with. The kicks should be better than the C-HR.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I suppose, though I have driven under-powered cars on the freeway and it's depressing to try and pass traffic with a loaded trunk. Flooring the pedal did nothing... But if you never go on the freeway then it's fine, but not something I'd want to live with. The kicks should be better than the C-HR.
I know what you mean but you can make some adjustments with them like gearing down so you can get into a higher RPM range. Its what I used to do with some of my old 4 bangers and never had an issue after that. Actually I was often the fastest guy to merge off an on-ramp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But you can't really gear down with an automatic transmission.
You can its just not exactly like a manual but point is you do have some control over what the gears do if that's what you want out of the system. People have been doing it for years for various reasons: weather, engine braking, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can kick down to a lower gear in an automatic transmission when you accelerate from a constant speed. Back in the day, before the complicated computer control systems, most auto transmissions will kick down only if the accelerator was pressed all the way to the floor. These days that's not necessary.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well it depends on feeling and how the transmission is operating, sometimes people feel a need to go down a gear for their own power demands to have fun or have an easier time getting through snow. But that's for the advanced drivers, most don't even think that far.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Most Nissan Kicks drivers won't really look into the intricacies of a CVT, just how fast the car goes when they push down the pedal for more gas. As a daily commuter, that's all you really need from the Kicks, anything more and you may as well go into performance territory.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Most Nissan Kicks drivers won't really look into the intricacies of a CVT, just how fast the car goes when they push down the pedal for more gas. As a daily commuter, that's all you really need from the Kicks, anything more and you may as well go into performance territory.
True but often the more people want when it comes to performance is equivalent to what a performance trim would offer and as it stands the Kicks is ideal for a performance trim. Plus... "Nissan Kicks Nismo" has a nice ring to it ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts