Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess Nissan is really trying to appeal to younger buyers with their latest commercial featuring Final Fantasy XIII characters. Lightning and Snow appeared in a recent commercial for the crossover SUV Nissan Kicks in China. I guess it works since China is going through an economic boom and people have more money to spend on things that's tied to their hobbies.

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XYgn-RR6E

·
Registered
109 Posts
Final Fantasy has really come a long way. I actually remember playing the first iteration of Final Fantasy and to see where it is now.. holy cow! For reference, this is what it looked like hahaha

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bet it even goes deeper than just commercials like this and even right into in person experiences like at Disneyland which China has. Often I see car makers targeting kids to get to their parents on attainable cars that have character. Asian countries are big into this stuff so that will be expected

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kicks doesn't seem like much of a character toy car type of deal. It's not that type of sporty or weird unique even like the C-HR

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nissan may as well implement a VR headset at their next car show booth if this is the direction they're going in. Odd pairing, but I guess licensing of virtual stars is cheaper than getting a Hollywood actor in their cars.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's actually a good idea, even if they don't design it so the drier is replaced by a game character. It's a good way for potential buyers to see what their dream Kicks could look like after they've modified it to their tastes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It'll all be down to the country when it comes to ads. Most likely, Nissan USA will go with the comedic concept for the Kicks. That seems to be the new ad trend these days and they are more attention grabbing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Unless they try to work in something related to a Hollywood film which would be great, easier to get more customers and their family involved when you set it up like that. Only thing is, I don't know what future movie it could be in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, I swear most movies already have contracts with other car manufacturers. Nissan just needs to hire a comedian and have them advertise the Kicks. I think Kevin Hart will be perfect!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Think Jeep is offering the largest wheels possible on the pickup without needing a lift?
On a personal level I would love to have the level of ground clearance that Brute's do and so far JT Scrambler mules seem to have some generous ground clearance. If this is what production models are like I won't care for a lift.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not quite sure why you're talking about a Jeep here, but the Nissan Kicks is nowhere near as capable as the Wrangler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can only assume that those circles on the ground indicates the Kick's sensors and stopped the car when it sensed the "hard" modes in traffic. Nissan should just come out with a VR game for their cars and implement them at dealerships.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It does demonstrate the Kick's safety features when there were construction, but I still prefer the old school ads.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Smart ad since these days people are getting hooked to games through their phones and this resonate with the demographic buying the Kicks and similar models in the segment.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's another good one, though it isn't animated. Seems like the people are getting kicked into the Nissan Kicks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nissan's marketing team is on point IMO, they know how to catch your attention and keep it. A lot better than the ads consisting of a driver just talking...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They haven't released much these days. I'm guessing the promotional period for the Kicks has ended abroad and now Nissan is going to work on other models. Was hoping to see ads for North America.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts